Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Worky Work Busy Bee...

Name that commercial...

It has been a busy day around here, hence the late post today.  After we ate breakfast this morning, Brennan and I got to work organizing the hutch in the kitchen.  Since Brennan now has more art supplies and more art projects, I needed to clean out the drawers so we had room for everything.  It's amazing how much stuff was crammed in there, and how old some of it was!  I have a half a bag of stuff to take to Savers, and a half a bag for the garbage.  Brennan now has a whole cabinet (that currently has an empty shelf, yay!) and a whole drawer for his arty stuff and coloring books.  I should have taken a picture after we were done, but I didn't, so just imagine clean and organized goodness.

After that we had to take a break and make some sticker art.
Stickers!
Ahh, pretty.  Yep, sticker art basically consists of taking all the stickers that were just found during the hutch clean out, and sticking them on a piece of construction paper.  This is one of Brennan's favorite things to do. : )

After that I got to work putting together an Eggplant Parmesan for supper tonight.  We like Eggplant Parmesan, but it's so time consuming to make, I don't cook it very often.  Like this, I get the messy part out of the way in the morning, so it doesn't seem like such a hassle.
Eggplant, Ready For Parmesan!
These are freshly salted slices.  Looking at the picture, I just realized that eggplant doesn't look very appetizing, and that my slices are way crooked.  Just ignore that.  I also found out today after the slices came out of the oven, that Brennan loves eggplant!  He just helped himself to a slice and was walking around eating it like a cookie.  I think he snuck in a couple more after that, and I ate one or two as well, so our Parmesan looks a little scrawny in the pan.  I'll just have to make some extra angel hair. : )

As far as the rest of the afternoon goes, Brennan is taking a nap now, and I have some blog stuff to do.  I am in the process of changing the blog up a little bit, so I have been making new buttons (to be unveiled soon!), and I have decided to redo the tags on all my posts (not looking forward to that).  I'm hoping that it makes it easier to find stuff, like recipes that just get buried right now, and of course, it will be prettier. : )

So with that being said, I better run.  The time I have to do nap time projects is pretty limited right now.  Oh yeah, but before I go, I just have to show you this.

You Saved
I'm adding a new category to the blog called "Little Bits O' Happy" (or something like that) and this is the first entry.  Just in case you missed it, it says YOU SAVED $76.04

Can't get much happier than that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails