Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Happy February

Happy February Everyone!

Just a quick post today.  Brennan is home sick from school today, and we have a date to watch a little Kung Fu Panda.  He's doing much better now, but last night he had a fever, sick stomach, and a cough.  Right now it's just a cough, thank goodness.  Let's just say I had lots of very unpleasant laundry to do this morning.  Please pray that soap and hand sanitizer keeps those germs away from me!  He was funny this morning.  He was recapping the events from the wee morning hours and he told me he got "choke" all over the floor.  Poor guy.

Since today is the first of February, I thought it would be a great day to share our Valentine decked mantel and hutch.  I know I've been showing glimpses of them for a couple weeks, but now you can see the whole picture.

Here is our hutch.  Hopefully this is the last time you see it this color.  I am way over the black and wood.  It has a big makeover in it's future.  It has to wait it's turn though, I have other projects happening right now.  I'm thinking that at this rate, by the time Jason gets home, I will have painted or modge-podged everything in the house. : )

Hutch 1

Like my little topiaries?  I love them!  I found them on Amazon. (Though it looks like the price went up since I bought mine. Bummer.)  The wood blocks are from Target either last year or the year before, and the cards are from Paper Source.


Hutch 2

Hutch 3

Hutch 4

A little love on the chalkboard.  It needs a makeover, too.  It's chalkboardy-ness is almost nonexistent.  I have to get it wet to write on it.  Time for some spray paint!

Little Chalkboard

And the mantel.

Mantel 1

Our "Love Across the World" globes.  I may have to keep them up past Valentine's Day. : )  The Be Mine art is just a card I stuck in a frame.

Mantel 2

Our waterless snow globes are still hanging out.

Mantel 3

I planned on making a bunch of these, but when I got this one up, I liked it just fine all by itself.  Any more would have distracted from my lovely window.

Mantel 4

Here's the bottom half.  Remember when I mentioned I had made a chalkboard at Brennan's level?  Well, here it is.  He loves it.  All I did was stick some chalkboard Contact paper on a piece of plexi-glass I had in the garage.

Mantel 5

So simple and so cute. : )




linked here:
Home Stories A to Z
Serenity Now

2 comments:

  1. Sorry your little man is sick. I love your Valentine decor! I haven't decorated for it yet but with all the crafty things floating around, I just might. You have a cute blog. Love your ideas.
    I'm your newest follower. I hope you visit mine :)
    Sherry's Bees Nest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherry! I'm heading to your blog right now. : )

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails