Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Deployment Project {Week 2}

Well, we've officially made it two weeks.  I try not to be a downer and go on about it too much, but this week was a little more of a challenge.  I was kind of blindsided by it to tell the truth.  Because it's only been two weeks.  Jason has been on TDY within the last year for a much longer span of time.

But I guess when you're three, ok, almost four, oh what a difference a few months make.  Brennan is taking Daddy being gone a lot harder this time around.  This week he had a crying panic meltdown because he couldn't find me.  I had taken some laundry upstairs and was only gone for a minute.  I lost track of how many days he showed up in my bed at around 2:00 in the morning because he got scared.  One night there was no getting him back in his own bed so I gave in and let him sleep with me...he held my hand or arm in a vice grip for the rest of the night.

Wednesday he got in trouble at school for hitting his friends.  He didn't get a noodle in his "I'm a Good Noodle" jar.  His teacher said she gave him several warnings, but he kept on.  We've had several conversations since then about it, so hopefully next week will be better.

Every day I get asked, "Are we going to pick Daddy up today?"  It breaks my heart to tell him no, that we have a long time to go yet.  To Brennan it already has been a long time.

On the bright side, he can pretty much point out on the globe where Jason is, and he's starting to realize how far away it is.  Up until a couple days ago, Brennan was determined that Daddy is "in the desert in Colorado."  Colorado was where he was Jason was the last time he had to be gone for NCO Academy.

One day at a time.  So, how about some pictures?

Day8-Sun
Sunday I put together the banner you saw on our new chalkboard the other day.  I plan on whipping up some more.  They are cute and fun to make.

Day9-Mon
Vanilla wafers, banana slices, peanut butter and sprinkles make a tasty snack.  According to Brennan anyway.  I found the idea to make them into little sandwiches on Pinterest.

Day10-Tues
The moustachioed man.  The little owls we made when we were playing with the clay?  Yeah, one got dropped and Chloe ate it.  I'm sure that had to have been tasty, though I don't think she even chewed it.  Ewww.

Day11-Wed
Our new weekly outing to the bookstore.  Brennan picked a Thomas the Train book, and we've read it every day since.

Day12-Thurs
Time for some dress up in some of Daddy's old gear.  You should have seen him try to put on the pants. : )

Day13-Fri
I started putting out some Valentine decorations this week, and Brennan decided to add his own special touch.  I had to laugh because that is exactly how some people feel about Valentine's Day, ha!

Day14-Sat
Hmmm..I see a theme forming.  Another bit of our Valentine decor, our hearts connected a half a world apart.    Ok, you can say it. Awww. : )



Linking Up Here:
Weekend Bloggy Reading

4 comments:

  1. Love the pics:) your newest follower via the Jan blog hop. you can find me at http://purplechronicle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute cute cute pictures, love your story! And the little sandwiches, heehee!! Thanks for linking up to my 365 challenge ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment Allison, and thanks for hosting the 365 challenge! I'm following your blog now, and I'll definitely be back to link up again.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails