Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Valentine's Decorations Are Up!

And we really needed some cheery decorations around here!  It's been dark and dreary and I was feelin' the January blues.  Blah!!! 

I used a couple of things we already had, but most of it I put together with stuff I found at the Dollar Tree the other day when I got the mirrors for my Super-Duper Awesome Mirror.

First is the mantle.  I found the LOVE word at the Target Dollar Spot a couple years ago.  The hurricanes I made last fall, (I'm sure you've noticed them before :o) ) and I just filled them with red and white rose petals.
Valentine Mantel

The frames are from the Dollar Tree or Target again, and I just cut out some felt hearts and glued them on scrapbook paper.
Valentine Frames

The love inspired books I already had, as well as the silver candlesticks.  The balls are just some styrofoams balls I already had with some rose petals hot glued on.
Rose Ball

I got this glittery heart at Michael's last year, and it found a home on my iron fence piece.
Hearts on Iron

Some paper hearts on our entertainment center.
Paper Hearts

The X and O frames I made last year.  A couple of the marbles fell off, and I haven't glued them back on. Shhh!
Marble XOXO

Brennan's contributions. : )  Heart clings on the front door.
Hearts on the Front Door

And on the back door, along with the sunny hearts we made the other day.  Nope, there is no sun right now, and yes, it is snowing.
Heart Back Door

I think this is my favorite.  More felt and paper art in the tray on our kitchen island.
Valetine Tray

Some love and hugs on the hutch.  Both of them are from Target; the blocks from this year, and the love banner is from a few years ago.
Valentine Hutch

Plus, of course, my little Brennan love, in his dinosaur jammies.  He really enjoys decorating with me.  I'll take it while I can get it!  We have a couple more heart projects to work on, mostly just some paper and yarn banners, but for the most part we're done. 

I think it's enough to help me make it through January.  Whew!






Linked Up Here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails