Saturday, January 29, 2011

Blog Beautification and Some Randomness

I know I usually don't post anything on Saturday, but since I missed yesterday I didn't want you to think I was slacking. : )

Actually, I was working on the blog in all my spare time yesterday. I think I have everything up and running now.  Whoo Hoo!  If you are one of the email crew, come and check it out.  The banner is new, there are new link buttons, I added a new section for the books I am reading...and the colors; if not for anything else, you have to come by and check out all the new colors!  I decided to bust the January dreariness and put the whole rainbow on the blog. 

If you do stop by, please let me know if you find anything that's not working right.  I think I got everything, but just in case.  And feel free to leave a comment or two, I wouldn't mind that at all. : )

So for the rest of the weekend, I'll just leave you with these bits of what I've been wondering about this week.
~~~~~~~

The Gym.When I was at the gym the other morning, there was a guy blocking the whole aisle waiting for a parking spot close to the door.  The person getting into the parked car was of course taking their sweet ole' time.  I was aggravated.  And how crazy is that anyway?  You're at the gym...why do you need to park close to the building?  You're going to be exercising and sweating anyway, why not get part of it done in the parking lot?

~~~~~~~

G.I. Joe and the Train of Thought Thereafter.
Brennan asked to watch G.I. Joe the other day.  Actually, he asks every day since Jason first let him watch it, but I usually say no.  I know, big meanie.  Well, we watched it, and I guess I actually paid attention to it for the first time ever.  The first thing I noticed was Destro using the word "popinjay."  I thought I learned that word from Bill O' Reilly.  Turns out if I would have been paying attention to G.I. Joe back in the day, I would be a total genius by now.

Second thing I noticed was a lady wearing fishnet stockings in a scene of Cobra making the Eiffel Tower disappear.  My first thought was why was it necessary for the lady to be wearing fishnets in a kids cartoon, and second, it occurred to me that I have a pair of fishnets in my drawer upstairs, and I was completely blank as to why I own them.  Maybe they were for a Halloween way-back-when, when I could dress up as something other than a Mom with a Halloween shirt on?

Or maybe they were from when I was trying to put a costume together for the "Wing Swing," the big party after we took Swing dance lessons?  Yes, we took swing dance lessons.  And no, we probably couldn't still do it today.

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails