Friday, January 14, 2011

Big Mama Book Club

I recently started reading a really great blog called big mama.  And then this week, big mama, (whose name is actually Melanie,) announced that she was going to start an online book club.

AWESOME!

I was so excited.  You all know, that since we moved to Utah, I don't get out much.  (Oh, how I miss lunches with the girls, Bunco nights, drinks at Ms. Newby's, couple's game nights...I could go on and on, sigh.) 

But back to the book club. 

I thought this online book club idea was perfect.  I have been looking for a new book to read, and doesn't it make it even better to read a new book and then be able to chat about it afterwards? (And no it doesn't bother me at all that I don't know these people.  It's kind of like when I took college correspondence courses when we lived in North Carolina.  Aside from going on campus to register, I never once actually spoke to or saw anyone.) And if the book club thing doesn't work out, well, like I said, I was already looking for a new book to read anyway.

Sounds like fun, right?  Want to join me?

Here's the book that was selected:  Half Broke Horses: A True Life Novel by Jeannette Walls




It looks like it got pretty good reviews on Amazon.  I'm going to go look for it this weekend at Target.  And really, if you want to read it too, let me know!

Have a great weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails