Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Super-Duper Awesome Mirror

I've been wanting to replace the mirror in our dining room for awhile.  It's been awhile because I wanted something really striking, but I didn't want to pay a striking amount of money for it.  Since I haven't been able to find anything I really liked locally, I hit the internet to find some inspiration.

The Sundance Catalog calls this mirror, The Factory Mirror.  This is the medium size for about $300.

{Image from Sundance}


Pottery Barn has one, too.  They call this one the Eagan Mirror, and it's about $700.

pottern barn eagan mirror
{Image from Pottery Barn}

This is what I came up with.  I call it the Super-Duper Awesome Mirror, and it only cost me $12!

Super Awesome $12 Mirror

I found these mirrors at the Dollar Tree (of course), and I just hung them butted up to each other.  It gives the illusion of one big mirror.  I actually bought four additional mirrors in case we hang it someplace else and want it bigger, but in the meantime, it's perfect. Or at least perfect enough. : )

Ideally, I would want to actually mount all the mirrors together on a big sheet, and then put a wider frame around them, but this works out the best for our current situation.  With Jason in the military, we move fairly often, and with each move we end up with more broken stuff, and more wear-and-tear on our good stuff.  So this way, if one mirror gets broken or lost, it's really no big deal.

Super-Duper Awesome, don't you agree? :)  Now go "build" one!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails