Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Favorites

I haven't done a favorites post for a little while, huh?  I don't have much to talk about this morning, or anything ready to show you, but I think I can round up a few favorites for your viewing enjoyment.

My most un-favorite thing at the moment is Brennan is still sick.  He's better than the other day, but still not well enough to go back to school. : (

Brennan - Chocolate face

Hopefully he's back to his normal self soon.



My favorite Pin...this week.
Have I mentioned I adore Pinterest?  I do.  If you're not following me yet, you can check out my boards here.  Here's my favorite pin this week. It reminded me of when I was a little girl and we spent weekends at my grandparents' house.  My Grandpa would make us breakfast in the morning, and he would make these, with a torn out middle instead of the heart shape. He called his "Hawaiian Sunsets." It brought back great memories and made me smile. : )




Favorite Hair Product
I have tried tons of hair products in my life.  Tons.  Last month when I went in for a haircut, my stylist suggested this stuff.  I am so glad!  It does these 10 things, hence the name.  From the bottle: "1. Repairs dry damaged hair. 2. Adds shine. 3. Smoothes and controls frizz. 4. Seals and protects hair color. 5. Detangles. 6. Prevents split ends. 7. Stops hair breakage. 8. Creates silkiness. 9. Enhances natural body. 10. Flat iron spray and thermal protector."  It's the only hair product I have to use right now. Yay!


 


Favorite Snacks

Pickled Beets - I know some of you are thinking Ewww, but I love pickled beets.  Add some cottage cheese with them, yum!




Glutino Gluten Free Pretzel Twists - I have been contemplating cutting down my gluten intake for awhile.  I've read some articles about gluten intolerance, and I have some of the symptoms.  A major one is having what I've always called dizzy headaches.  I have them often, and have had them for as long as I can remember.  I started my experiment about 3 weeks ago now, and I am happy to say I have had no dizzy headaches, and only a couple regular headaches!  I blame those on hormones. : )  It may just be a coincidence, but I'm sticking to it.




Brennan's Favorites

My Daddy is an Airman book
I don't think this book is even printed anymore, but Jason got it in a Family Deployment Kit before he left.  It talks about what happens during a deployment, and about what Air Force parents do.  Brennan wants to read it all the time.  So sweet.




Roasted Garbanzo Beans - Does anyone else's kid ask you to roast garbanzo beans every day?  Mine does.  If I would let him, he would eat a whole can by himself.  These are my favorite too, and I do end up making some at least every other day.  We like ours salty/savory, but I've seen some recipes out there for sugar cinnamon ones that we may have to try some time too.

chick peas

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. You are just about the cutest thing ever... I LOVE posts like this. Thank you for leaving me such sweet words. :)

    Blessings for a good weekend,
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Suburban Prairie Homemaker, and leaving a sweet comment on the GF Carrot Cupcakes! All the recipes are gluten free, or have a gluten free option if you are interested.

    Also, thank you to your family for serving our country (and yes, you and Brennan are serving, too, by sacrificing time with your hubby).

    Signed up to be your newest follower!
    {{{HUGS}}}
    Ann @ Suburban Prairie Homemaker
    http://www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails