Monday, January 31, 2011

February Cometh

February is a busy, busy month around here.  Jason, Shanny, and Brennan all have birthdays, and there's Valentine's Day, which besides decorating the house isn't too big a deal.  Jason and I usually just exchange cards, and sometimes we go out to eat on a day around Valentine's Day to avoid all the craziness on the day. 

To add more to the list, today at school I got bombarded by paperwork; calendars and lists...

...and so it begins.

 As it turns out, the preschool kids do exchange valentines.  Uh oh, I don't know why I didn't think about that before.  I guess because they sent out a letter about not exchanging Christmas gifts.  Now I have to come up with an idea for Brennan's valentine cards, pronto.  Also, the list.  It was a list of things to do to celebrate Brennan's birthday at school.  Looks like mommy has some homework to do.  One of the things on the list is making a poster board of pictures showing important people in Brennan's life, baby pictures, etc.  One of the things is to bring a non-food treat for everyone.  Thankfully, I had already anticipated that one, so I have an idea.  I'll keep you posted on that. 

The list did make me think about how different kids birthdays are celebrated now from when I was a kid.  Back then, mom would make some brownies or if we were really lucky she would get some of the big sugar cookies from the bakery and she would send them to school, and it was all good.  The majority of your birthday was celebrated at home.  Now there's treat bags and power point presentations. haha.  There were several other suggestions on the list, but I'm not going to drive myself crazy.

So I'm off to start looking for some ideas. 

I promise, tomorrow I will post some pictures.  I know some of you are having Brennan withdrawals, and we can't be having that. : )


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails