Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I Deleted the Other Blog...


My photography blog.  I deleted it the other day.  I've been debating about doing it for awhile, so I went ahead and pushed the button.  Don't worry, I saved all those post, and they will be published in the archives over here.

It's kind of funny how things progress.  When I first started blogging, it was with the photo blog.  I needed a place to share my photography and my 365 project.  Then when we found out we were moving across the country from most of our family, The Bal Family blog was born to be able to keep in touch with everyone. 

Both of them have been greatly neglected at times since they were created, but I always come back.  There's something about blogging...I just need to do it.  I love going back to look at old posts and see how much Brennan has grown, or how much my hair has changed, or to read some little detail about a day that I would have otherwise forgotten.  One day I can take the whole blog and turn it into a book.  So really I am journaling our life and creating a scrapbook at the same time.  Isn't it awesome that someone created that option?

So back to deleting the photography blog.  I haven't really taken any pictures, besides snapshots of us, for awhile.  What used to be my hobby and passion, just kind of fell off the grid.  So the photography blog suffered.  I know part of it was when my Nikon broke (no, we never got it fixed.)  After that, I did buy a Canon point and shoot that was supposed to take pictures that rival a SLR (it doesn't,) so over time it became a source of aggravation instead of fun.  I do have a wish list of photography equipment I really want, but until the funds are available to make that happen, I just have to make do with what I have.  I will share whatever the outcome is with you. 

As for this blog, from now on, everything will be combined here.  In addition to the regular old fun (or not so fun) :) stuff we do, I will make it a point to share my sewing projects, decorating projects,  more recipes, and photography.  I know I have blogged about some of this stuff in the past, but I haven't really put everything on here.  I always felt reluctant to share because it was supposed to be a family blog.  But then I decided all that stuff is what makes up this family, so it belongs here too.  It might get a little random.  (Can it get any more random that it was before? Ha ha ha.) I hope you all stick around.  I also plan on working on the blog layout a little bit, to get things organized.  If you stop by, and things look kinda wonky, that's why.

Alrightly then.

So, to wrap this up, I better include a picture. (I get emails if my blog posts don't include any pictures, and my old blog header probably doesn't count.)  The emailers know who they are.  Love you guys! : )

So here ya go............

Dog Biscuits

Ha ha ha...just kidding.  Though, I do like that picture for some reason.  It's probably the ball jar, I just love them; especially the blue ones.

How about this one...

Two Halves Make a Whole

Funny.  We were trying to take a picture of ourselves yesterday.  A few things got chopped.

Alright, here he is.

Brennan {goofy}

Bein' goofy.  Helping me make enchiladas the other night.
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails