Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

Normal life resumed in the Bal Household this morning.  Jason went back to work, Brennan went back to school, I went to the gym, and obviously I am working on the ole' blog again.  Let's just say so far it's felt like a long day.  It's only 12:30, but it feels like it should be 5:30.  The day started off at o'dark 'clock when Brennan burst out of his room and slammed the door ( his normal mode of exiting his room in the morning) and declared that he had "schooooool tooooo-day!!!!"  Yes, yes, baby, you do, but not for another 3 hours or so.  Definitely a rude awakening for the mommy. : )

I don't know what the rest of the afternoon will hold, but I'm thinking that it will be minimal.  We had such a nice Christmas break spent mostly in "hibernate at home" mode, and it's hard to just go back to normal.  (We only left the house twice.  Once to go to Target, and once to go to Barnes & Noble.  Loved it!)  So since I can, I've decided to get normal back in increments.  Today, we had a full busy morning, tomorrow we will work on being busy a little longer.  While I am still feeling the need to hibernate, I also have a strong urge to organize.  I think Savers will be getting a truckload from us really soon.  After we took all the Christmas decorations down, and rearranged the living room furniture, the room looked so fresh and spacious that I want to get that feeling in the whole house.  I'm thinking that no nook and cranny of the house or garage (sorry, honey) is safe.  I also have a list of back-burnered projects that I think need some attention this month.  Since the temperature has decided to hover around 20 degrees the past week or so, and doesn't look like it's going to go up much anytime soon, I think it's the perfect time to tackle some of the inside stuff. 

Yeah, I'll stick with the inside stuff.  A little bit off topic, but I can tell I haven't lived in Utah long enough yet.  I see people out and about all the time when the temperature is in the teens, wearing shorts and t-shirts.  The first couple of times, I just thought I was seeing random crazy people, but I've since learned it's a pretty common thing.  I'll wear my shorts and hang out outside when there's no chance of any of my appendages freezing off, thank you.

And now, since this post has gotten to the point of talking about frozen body parts, I think I will bring it to a close. : )

Happy New Year, Everyone!  Have a great week!

p.s.  Thank you all for sticking around for another year to check us out and to read all my mommy ramblings.  It's good to know that you're out there and I'm not just talking to myself.  I foresee good things for us this year, and I'm glad you're all along for the ride.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails