Thursday, September 23, 2010

Welcome Fall!

Happy Fall, Everyone!  Or should I say as they do in the South, Happy Fall, Y'all!

Fall Bounty

Did anyone see the Harvest Moon last night?  It was pretty cool.  We only got a glimpse because of all the haze and the clouds.

Harvest Moon

Fall is my favorite time of the year!  I love everything about it; the colors, the smells, the crispness, the food.  And it doesn't hurt that my birthday is in October, either. :)

Fall Food...yummmm!!  Because of my tooth, the dentist grounded me from all things chewy, so no candy apples or candy corn for me.  (I should have got an apple at the State Fair the other week, darn it!  Instead we had funnel cake.) On Sunday, with the season in mind, I made a batch of fried chicken.  Definitely not something I do regularly.  In fact, it's only the third time I've fried chicken - ever.  It was not nearly as good as my mom's, but seeing that after the first time I made it (like 8 years ago) I said I'd never make it again, I'd say it was a success. (The second time was after a moment of weakness, and Jason talked me into making some after watching Driving Miss Daisy.  Yeah, my chicken did not look at all like hers.)  This weekend, on the other had, I am making something I make very well.  Homemade chili.  Can't wait!

Fried Chicken
Don't judge me by my chicken.

Today, Brennan and I are going to dig out the fall decorations and start putting them up.  I have been ready for weeks, but Jason said I had to actually wait until fall gets here.  Bummer.  In the meantime, I have been making some new Halloween decorations since I haven't updated my stash in years.  I don't know if I'm going to put them up today or wait a couple of weeks.  We'll see, but I will definitely post pictures when it happens.  Pumpkins and fall leaves, though, the house will be covered in the by this evening!



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails