Tuesday, April 5, 2011

So, it's Tuesday...

...and last week I told you I would have some Arches pictures up by Monday.  Silly me.

The weather was great this past Saturday, so instead of editing pictures this weekend like I originally planned, we went to Lowe's and bought some plants...we went for lots of walks...we sat on the bench out front and soaked up some sun...and we played at the playground.

Of course Sunday and Monday brought us back to reality with snow and cold, and the plants we bought at Lowe's have been travelling back and forth from outside to inside so they don't freeze to death, but it was nice while it lasted.

At my next opportunity to edit pictures and blog; Monday while Brennan was at school, I went grocery shopping.  A chore that I am really beginning to hate, but it was getting to be pretty slim pickin's around here.  I swear I heard the cashier say "cha ching," when I left...it was that bad.  But we're good for awhile again now. 

During nap time, I HAD to finish a spray painting project, and reupholster a chair seat.  Since Brennan only sleeps for about an hour nowadays, if he sleeps at all, and I don't want him around the paint fumes...priorities people.  And just so you know, my desk chair is now cute again. 

Speaking of cute artsy craftsy projects, and because I can't possibly publish a post without a picture, here's a preview of the colors I am bringing into our kitchen. 
Red Polka Dot Tray
This is about the fourth time that tray has gotten a makeover.  Fourth time must be a charm, because I love it now.

OK, I guess I will share one picture of Arches today.  I know you all come around here to see the little man.

This picture was taken on the Devil's Garden trail, on the way to see the Landscape Arch.
Devil's Garden Trail
After our first day of hiking, Brennan wasn't so excited, or willing, to just see a big rock at the end of all these trails we were dragging him on.  Daddy to the rescue!

Don't feel sorry for the Daddy, though.  Brennan's need to be piggy-backed all day worked out great!  Jason was bummed that the place I booked us to stay didn't have a gym so he could workout.  (My thoughts on that...we were on vacation, a vacation where we would be hiking all day...why would it even cross my mind to look for a hotel with a gym? Duh.)  So lugging around a 39.4 lb. wiggly, squirmy little boy turned out to be a perfect workout. 

(Better him than me!) Ha. : )  

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails