Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Recap

I’m happy to report that we had a very wonderful Christmas. We had a nice quiet time at home; ate some great food, watched some Christmas classics on tv, had a fun Skype session with Nana and Papaw, ate some more food… :) You get the idea.

The day started off to a slow start. I was up around 6:30. I puttered around downstairs for awhile, and then put together a batch of homemade cinnamon rolls thinking for sure there would be movement from the boys by the time I was ready to put the rolls in the oven.

Well…I was wrong.

It was 7:55, and there were no signs of anyone else stirring in the house. So I did the only logical thing I could think of, I went back upstairs and jumped on the bed. Thankfully, Jason was already awake, or my next move was going to be to put my cold hands on him. Merry Christmas, Honey!!

It only took a couple of minutes of Jason and I talking and I heard Brennan awake in his room. Yay!

So we all went downstairs together, and this is what we found.
Christmas1


At first Brennan was a little tentative…
Christmas2


But then, hmmmm...do you think he liked it?
Christmas3

And then this happened.
Christmas4
It looked like all the rest of the morning’s festivities were going to be conducted from Brennan’s new “bike.”


Christmas5
What? You want me to get off my “bike,” and open more presents. No way!!

Christmas6
Ohhh, there’s more cool stuff here!

Christmas7
Rolling over to show me his new movie.

Christmas8

Christmas9
OK, I’ll sit with Mommy and open some more presents as long as my “bike” is right here, too.


Christmas10
A new wii game for Daddy.

Christmas11
A Paula Deen skillet for Mommy.

Christmas13
Time to open another box. Lots of new book to add to Brennan’s library. Of course, we had to take every one of them out of the box.

Christmas14
Time to check out the stockings. Whew, look at that mess!


Christmas15
Maggie found a bone in here stocking.


Brennan got some big boy undies in his stocking.



He thought that was pretty cool.



He wanted to wear them right away.












So of course we let him.
Christmas16
He must take that after his Dad.

:)

It was a great day.

Hugs,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails