Thursday, December 3, 2009

We're Rockin' This Christmas

Never in the history of our relationship, have Jason and I been so ready for Christmas so early. I mean, we've had good intentions, but for one reason or another things never come together. Some years it's because we travel over Thanksgiving. By the time we get back and get settled and get in the mood to tackle Christmas shopping and decorating, it's the middle of December, we have no idea what we're buying, and the tree is still in the attic. Other years, when we're not going to be at our own home for Christmas, it's hard to get in the spirit to decorate when no one is going to be there to see it. You can imagine that this cycle drives my slightly OCD perfectionist self nuts!



This year is different, we have all our decorations up, inside and out. Actually, we started putting them up Thanksgiving evening, and finished them over the weekend. All of the presents are bought, and most of them are wrapped and either already under the tree, or stashed in the garage. Well, I can speak for the presents I take care of, which is all of them except for my own. Jason still might have some shopping to do, ha! Our Christmas cards are in the envelopes, just waiting to be addressed. All the packages I need to send are wrapped and packed and taped and just waiting to go to the post office. I have already bought Christmas jammies, and a Christmas outfit for Little Man, and I even remembered stocking stuffers! That is definitely a first in this house. I also have all the ingredients in the pantry for all the Christmas goodies I plan on making this year.



So as we are getting ready for the first weekend of December, I'll be so glad that we can sit at home and admire our work, and not have to make any last minute shopping lists or hectic trips to the mall. No last minute baking, or cooking, or wrapping, or standing in line. Yahoo!

This is how Christmas should be, enjoying family, and all the sights and sounds and smells of Christmas without the underlying current of stress. Hopefully we can make it happen this way every year, it's definitely worth it.

And now, I think I'll go work on making some peanut butter balls, and I'll take my time, just because I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails