Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday Tidbits

Some little tidbits from our week.

Maggie is almost out of dog food.
Normally not a big deal, we'd just go get some. But this week it's really cold. And windy. And Snowy. And really cold. In order to delay having to leave the house for a day or two, I've been giving her extra table scraps...and leftovers. Like when all the salisbury steak I made the other day didn't fit into the plastic bowl I picked, I didn't get another bowl, I just put the extras in Maggie's food dish. Or when I made Pigs in Blankets yesterday, I had too many pigs and not enough blankets. Maggie gobbled those pigs right up. I also made her scrambled eggs for breakfast. We had french toast, and after I was done with the toast, I cooked up the leftover egg mixture. Well, Maggie's a big dog, and what I had left didn't look like enough for a hearty breakfast, so I added another egg (or two). Believe me, she's in doggie heaven.

I resent Jason superhuman willpower against chocolate and cookies.
I just don't understand it. At Christmas time, Jason loves peanut butter balls, and peanut butter fudge, and sugar cookies, and butterscotch haystacks. This year since we're not going to be visiting family for Christmas, I thought I would try to whip up some of those tasty treats right here at home. So far I have made the peanut butter balls and the sugar cookies. Both turned out absolutely scrumptious. The downside of that is, Jason can eat one or two of them and he's done.

Not one or two a day, one or two total.

Now what exactly is supposed to happen to the other 38 peanut butter balls, and the other 22 sugar cookies? That's right, somebody has to eat them. And who does that leave. You guessed it, me. Brennan doesn't count, if I give him a half a ball, I still have to eat the other half, and he only licks the icing off the cookies. Not that I eat the leftover cookie, that's just gross, but Maggie enjoys them. Now I was able to ship off half of the peanut butter balls to work with Jason. That still leaves a dangerous amount of peanut butter balls lurking in the refrigerator.

Baby Jesus is missing.
Last year for Christmas, Santa brought Brennan a Fisher-Price Nativity play set. This year we set it up on the coffee table for Brennan to play with. He is very proud of it, and was doing a good job of learning all the characters. Of course, Baby Jesus was his favorite. He carried him all through the house. Well, for the last couple days Baby Jesus has been MIA. (Oh, why couldn't it have been the sheep!) I keep hoping he will turn up. I've looked everywhere I can think he might be stashed, but no luck. I'm hoping for a Christmas miracle...or if it comes to it, an awesome eBay auction.

You can find anything on eBay, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails