Monday, December 14, 2009

Lil' Froggie

Little Froggie

The froggie towel is one of Brennan's newest favorite things. And typing here is one proud Momma because I made it myself!

It's actually the second attempt at making the frog towel. I started this project back in Florida after I found some cute hooded animal towels in a Pottery Barn Kids catalog. What I didn't like was the price tag, so I decided to make some myself. I found a couple of different tutorials online, so I printed them out and away I went.

The reason for the second attempt? Well, the condensed version is: The hood portion of the towel is made by tracing two large half circles. The tutorial I was using referenced a five gallon bucket as the ideal size. We keep Maggie's dog food in just such a bucket, so I used the lid to trace my circles and then sewed those babies together. Well, when I was through, my froggie "hood" looked more like an oversized hand puppet!

On take two, I used a round clothes basket to trace the circles. It worked perfectly. Brennan loves it, and I am super happy that I was able to finish it now that I have extra time to work on my projects and crafts.

The only problem? Froggie has to go in the washer sometimes!

So it looks like I'm going to have to make some more. I think there is going to be a whole zoo full of animal towels in our future. Just think, absorbent lions and tigers and bears. Oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails