Thursday, January 12, 2012

Spidey Sense and Other Randomness

Recently, we bought a shelf and hung it over the couch.  It looked perfect and made me happy, and I filled it up with goodies right away and loved it.

Unfortunately, there was an unforeseen dilemma with my decorating plan.  Every time someone is sitting on the couch it freaks me out a little.  I don't know why.  Maybe because it's a floating shelf that doesn't look like it should be able to stay up?  A trick of the mind, even though I was the one who hung it up, and my mind should know that it is securely anchored to the wall and fastened to it's metal cleat?

1.12.2012 007
(This is like the fourth arrangement of things I've had up there.  I was hoping I could convince myself it was just the contents of the shelf, and not the shelf itself.  It didn't work.  Also, the shelf really is centered over those ceiling tiles, it just doesn't look like it in this picture.  Anyway.)

Understandably, Brennan being the boy jumping bean that he is, could knock something off.  But even when I am sitting on the couch, being still, all by myself, that shelf makes my head tingle, like I've developed spidey sense all the sudden. I have since read that hanging a shelf above your sofa is bad feng shui.  Apparently I have a feng shui sensitivity.  I had no idea.  So it looks like my new little shelf will be looking for a new place to hang, and I will have some big holes to patch.  Not to mention that now I have to figure out something else to hang up there.  Boo.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

I posted awhile back that it was about time for me to invest in some warm boots.  My trusty rain boots just weren't going to cut it for winter wear this whole season.  (Even though I still wear them often.)

First Snow - Mama Boots

So now I have not one pair of new boots, but two!  The first ones are snow boots.  With fuzzy stuff in them. I've worn them several times, and they are so warm.  Great for building snowmen and for all the snow shoveling that I will inevitably be doing in the coming months.

1.12.2012 008

The second ones I found yesterday at Famous Footwear.  They were 50% off and  I had $5.00 off in reward points.  Oh yeah!  But...   I have no skinny jeans or leggings to wear them with, and my old standby boot cut jeans just don't look right tucked into them.  So they are on the sidelines at the moment waiting for a wardrobe update.  I can't wait to wear them!

1.12.2012 009

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Last week we went treasure shopping at an architectural salvage shop in Salt Lake City.  There was so much old stuff...chippy paint, weathered wood, and it all had a history.  As soon as we walked in I fell in love with two pieces.

They came home with us.

A leaded glass mirror from the 1800's.
1.12.2012 003
There are not words.  Except I already think of her as another family member. : )

& Co. Sign.
1.12.2012 002
We bought this complete with bird poop on the back.  And FYI, there wasn't a discount since it had been pooped on, ha.  It really bothers Jason that it doesn't say anything before "& Co."  But that's why I love it so much.  What happened that the end of this sign got cut off?  What happened to the rest of the sign?  Was there a big blow up fight and a breakup, or did someone die, or retire?  Hmmm...we will never know.

We also got a wooden shutter, but a picture of that will have to wait for another day.  It needs a little work, and I don't know yet where it is going to live in our house.  You just never know, it might end up above the couch. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails