Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Our Advent Tree

A couple of weeks ago I shared that I was starting an Advent Tree project.  Well I worked on it every day until I got it done, which was thankfully in plenty of time to have it hung up and packed full of goodies before December 1st.  It's not perfect, and I broke a sewing machine needle sewing it, but I think it turned out great and Brennan L-O-V-E-S it!

Advent Tree
Love it! 


By the way, my tree was inspired by this tree from Pottery Barn Kids.  I am so glad I made one instead of just buying this one.  I like ours so much better. : )

Advent Tree - Top
When I first started this project, Jason was contemplating whether I was making a chinese building or a viking hat, but after a bit he got into it too and insisted on a nativity for the top, and some silver bells.

Advent Tree - 2
All the pieces are stuck on with a combination of glue and embroidery.

Advent Tree - 3
Some of the patterns are my original designs, and for others I found some kids holiday coloring pages online and sized them down.

Advent Tree - 4
The fireplace with the stockings gave me the hardest time.  That was the one that ate my needle.  I guess the layers were a little thick.  Oops!

Advent Tree _ Mailbox
The mailbox is one of my favorite pockets.

Advent Tree - Cardinal
And the cardinal.  The cardinal is kind of a family thing.  I have to have one in my Christmas tree, so of course I had to make on for this tree, too.

Advent Tree - Mittens
And who doesn't love little mittens!

Like I said Brennan loves this thing.  For this year, I filled it up with little toys, ornaments to put on the tree, some gingerbread men, and even a couple with candy.  In the future I plan on making little cards with things for us to do, like drive around and look at Christmas lights, go see Santa or other fun holiday stuff.  I didn't think Brennan would quite understand that yet this year, so I just used it for goodies.

Other news:

- It has been warm the last couple of days and all of our snow is melted.  :(  I hope we get some back soon!

- Jason and I got new Droids.  I don't think I've spent so much time on a phone and not actually talked to anyone.  They really can do everything.

- I think we are getting a new puppy.  We'll find out tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails