Saturday, December 18, 2010

Friday Favorites - Candy Cane Edition

Update:  We are still having technical difficulties.  (Not much of an update, huh.)  But, we were able to borrow a power cord to charge the battery in the laptop, so I was at least able to download the pictures off my cameras, and add them to this post and to publish it.  And I do this just for you.  Because you know it is the Christmas Season and all.  Merry Christmas!  

Just ignore that the title says Friday, or just pretend.
________________


I don't know why everything that made me happy this week (well, not everything, but you know what I mean) had to do with candy canes, but it did.  Cool like peppermint, don't you think? haha

Brennan's Candy Cane
My first favorite candy cane thing is this little ornament.  Brennan made it in school the other day.  When we got home and I opened up his bag and pulled it out, I almost cried.  His very first handmade Christmas ornament.  Awww.  I will tell you, though, that right now it's not even on the tree.  We tried to hang it up, but Brennan is so proud of his creation that he wants to move it around about every 15 minutes or so to get it into just the right spot, and every time he pulls it off the tree it gets a little more bent out of shape.  I don't want it destroyed, so now it is resting on top of the refrigerator.  Out of sight, out of mind for the short one in the house.


Peppermint Mocha
Next up is Peppermint Mocha Latte mix.  You know the Maxwell House International Coffee kind in the rectangular tin.  I am so glad they started copy-catting all my favorite flavors.  Since  I became a stay-at-home mommy, I can't afford my several times a week Starbucks habit, so this is my little indulgence everyday.  I add a little candy cane swizzle stick and it just puts it right over the top.  Yum!!  It's even better when I use my coffee mug that I got from my Grandma several years ago.  See that little red bird on there.  Every time I see it I think of her. *Smile.*


I'm sure you remember me mentioning the advent calendar I made a time, or two.   One of the things I used for stuffers were candy cane ornaments.  Brennan loves that he gets to decorate the tree.  I let him hang them wherever he wants.  After a long drawn out process that goes along these lines:  "Up high.  Noooo.  Back here.  Noooo.  Over here.  OK.  Oh noooo.  Right here.  Nooooo.   By this one.  OK." 
The Candy Cane Family
...And then they always end up right here.  A little happy candy cane family.


And last but not least, (well yeah, I guess it is least on this list because you know The Cat in the Hat show is not my favorite).  Yesterday, while we were getting our daily dose of Cat in the Hat, Brennan kept saying "big candy cane on there."  For the life of me I couldn't "get" what he was trying to tell me, one because the show was about jumping and not remotely about Christmas, and two, somedays the more words Brennan learns and uses the more I think somebody is teaching him French or Portugese on the sly and I have no idea what he is trying to say.  Well, it turns out I was the big dummy.  (I finally figured it out after having him go point to what he was talking about.  Then I wonder why the tv screen is always full of fingerprints.) 

Anyway...


He was trying to tell me the Cat's hat looks like a big candy cane.

Well obviously.  Duh, Mommy.

I hope everyone has a geat weekend.  We're planning on watching Christmas Vacation and going to Salt Lake City and check out the lights on Temple Square.

...and this time we won't be without hot chocolate and Peppermint Mochas.  : ) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails