Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Around the Neighborhood

Well, we didn't get to go to Salt Lake over the weekend.  The weather has been c.r.a.z.y around here.  It gets warm, it gets cold, it rains, it snows, it hails...blah.  It ended up sleeting and hailing the night we were supposed to go, so I'm glad we just stayed put.  We're hoping to be able to go yet this week, but in the meantime we took the neighborhood tour of lights to get our holly jolly fix.

I guess I should have started the tour with a picture of our own house.  But I didn't, and I'm not going out to take one now because it is snowy out there and I'm all warm and toasty in here.  Let's just say Jason really gets into stringing lights, and we are the only house around here that has lights on the front and back of the house, as well as around the whole perimeter of the fence.  You can spot our house right off from the interstate.  It's like a little beacon on top of the hill.  And just so you know, we are in the flight path for the Salt Lake City Airport, but so far no pilots have gotten confused.  I wonder what our house looks like from up there?

Anyway, on with the neighborhood tour.

These are just a few of our favorites.  I took all these pictures with my phone, with a wiggly puppy sitting on my lap, so some of them turned out a little blurry.

Like this one for instance:
IMAG0016

This one was really neat.  They had everything synchronized to music.  It took me a couple of times to get a shot that most of the lights were on.
IMAG0021
It would have been better if I took a video, but again wiggly puppy on my lap, and Brennan yelling "Move Truck," from the backseat every time we stopped.

All pretty with white twinkly lights.
IMAG0022

Ode to M&M's, the newest Christmas icon.
IMAG0023

There's always got to be one - little bitty yard filled to capacity with every imaginable light up plastic Christmas statue and inflatable decoration.  Those yards always look so sad during the day filled with random Christmas colored nylon blobs.
IMAG0025

A red and green classic.  I love how the window panes are done individually.
IMAG0027

So there you go.  I hope you enjoyed our tour.  I'm not promising anything, but hopefully tomorrow I will post about the decorations on the inside of our house.

p.s.  If you were wondering about the computer problems I was having the other day, the FedEx truck came yesterday afternoon with my new power cord and battery, so I am a happy camper now.  Funny thing is, it was at the same time that the repair guy was here trying to fix our broken and randomly buzzing stove. (Buzzing stove, I know, weird right?)  Turns out it was good and broke, so now we have a pretty, white and shiny, brand new stove...just in time to bake a Christmas ham. 

Do you think I can get away with not using it until then? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails