Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Around the Rest of the House

Yesterday I showed you our Christmas tree, so it's only fitting that I show you the rest of the decorations today, right?

There are less decorations out this year than normal since we are still trying to  just "regular" decorate this house after our move, but for the most part I think it turned out pretty good.

Welcome to our home!  Our front door wreath was in need of a redesign this year.

Wreath

I found the giant bell at the Dollar Tree and the upholstery ribbon at Walmart.  I wanted to wrap our tree with that ribbon, too, but it seems to be sold out every place I've looked for more.  Maybe next year.

I finished up this sparkly Merry Christmas banner this week.

Merry Christmas Banner

It was fun to make, but there is now glitter spread all over the house.  I'll just say that was intentional and just adds to the holiday festiveness! : )

Merry Christmas Banner in the Works

Some Santas here and there.

Little Santas

Santa Mugs

Our new dining area was fun to decorate.

The hook mirror that was in the hallway at the old house.

Hook Mirror

The hutch.

Hutch

Our table centerpiece.  Does anyone else move their placemats off  the table to eat, or is that just us?  I'd be constantly washing them if we didn't.

Table Centerpiece

The mantel displaying our stuffable stockings.

Mantel

While I was at the Dollar Tree, I also found some greenery wire I just had to buy.  I ended up making Christmas words with them to decorate the shelves in the downstairs bathroom. (Sorry, the pictures aren't great.  Bad lighting in there.)

Noel

Joy

I love pine cones!  I have a few of these out all year 'round, but they are definitely in their element this month.

Pinecones and Bells

Some colorful trees for Brennan's room.

Yarn Trees

That was another crafty project this year.  I made them after I was inspired by this picture:



Artwork from school.

Rice Wreath

Christmas Art

And no holiday would be complete without Brennan adding clings to the doors and windows. :)

Christmas Clings

Well, that about wraps it up for the house tour.  I have a couple more Christmas craft projects on the agenda, presents to wrap, and cards to send.  We're hoping to go check out the Christmas lights downtown tomorrow night.  Hopefully, the temperature will go up a little.  It hasn't been out of the 20's all week!  Brrr.  Makes me miss Florida!

Have a great (warm) weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails