Thursday, December 8, 2011

O' Christmas Tree

Our tree this year.

Christmas Tree

Though you can't tell from the picture, (or maybe you can!) it has some lighting issues.  A couple of our normal tree light strands quit working when we started decorating the tree, so we subbed in some lights from the outside decoration box.  Big mistake!  Now the top blinks, but the rest doesn't.  Argh!  Drives my OCD self crazy, but not enough to to dismantle the whole thing to string new lights.  It didn't blink at all for the first few days, but then all of the sudden it decided to express itself and be different.  Or maybe it's just trying to be helpful being a landing beacon for some of the jets and planes that are constantly flying overhead around here.  I don't know.  Believe me, I will be at the after Christmas sales buying some new LCD lights.

Here are the new additions to our Christmas ornament collection.

First is the family ornament.  I got crafty and made it myself this year with driftwood we picked up on our vacation to Washington this summer.

Washington Driftwood Ornament

Brennan's ornament.  He asks almost every day when it's going to be warmer so he can play soccer again. : )

Soccer Ball Ornament

And one for Chloe.

Chloe Ornament

While I'm talking about our family ornaments, do you remember this one from our first year married?

Like Brand New

Well, as I was taking the ornaments off the tree last year there was a mishap, and up until about a  month ago, it looked like this:

Broken Ornament

I was not a happy girl.  There were tears.  Jason was glad that I was the one to break it, and not him or Brennan.

After avoiding it for almost a year I decided to operate.

Getting Fixed

After two kinds of glue and some Modge Podge, I got it back together.  Now, unless you are looking really close you can't even tell it was broken.  Thank goodness!

Aside from the super-breakable ornaments which got hung at the top of the tree, Brennan helped decorate the rest.  Be proud of me, I didn't move a single one!

Which, of course, means we have several areas of the tree that look like this:

Very Decorated

I think there are 8 ornaments all tucked together there. : )

And then there are lonely places that look like this:

Empty Space

Brennan says Rudolph and the snowmen are friends.

Friends

They do appear to be snugglin'. ; )

Backwards is ok, too.

Backwards is OK

Actually, I'm surprised this one is even on the tree. It has Brennan's name on the front, and since he can read his name and knows it's his, he likes to carry it around.

Now that presents are starting to show up under the tree, I hear this a lot, "I'm just checking them."

Yay Presents

Taking inventory, the little turkey. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails