Monday, December 12, 2011

Santa, Some Inspiration, and a Trip Downtown

Is it just me, or did this weekend just fly by!  At least we had a lot of fun while we were zooming along. : )

Friday afternoon Santa was in the neighborhood, so we went to have a little visit with him.  Brennan was so sweet!  He just hopped up there and talked to him like they were best buds.  He spelled his name for Santa, and told him he was a good boy.  When Santa asked him what he wanted for Christmas, his reply was, "candy and a computer."  Hmmmm...

Brennan and Santa 2011

Saturday was nice.  For the first time in awhile, there wasn't anywhere we had to go or anything we had to do.  We had a huge breakfast: steak, eggs, fried potatoes and toast and jelly.  More food than we normally consume on a Saturday morning, but it was really tasty.  Of course there is a funny story.  Jason texted me a good morning message from upstairs, (ha, does anybody else text each other while they are in the same house?) and asked me what was for breakfast.  I texted him back that he needed to place his order.  His reply was all of the above plus ham.  I was a little confused that he wanted steak and ham in the same meal, but went ahead and defrosted the steak.  So when Jason came downstairs and saw what I was creating, he said, "Oh, I wasn't serious about all that, I was just kidding.  I thought you would see my list and then just make whatever you wanted."  Too late, I was in full "breakfast masterpiece" mode.  : )   Just another example of how jokes and sarcasm don't always translate over text and email. : )

The rest of the morning was a little of this and that.  Brennan and Jason played outside.  (Well, if we're keeping it real, Brennan played and Jason cleaned up dog poop. : p)  I did some laundry and and found homes for more of the stuff that got dumped in the laundry room when we were moving.  The afternoon consisted of some tv watching, some napping, and some internet surfing.

I have been looking for one of these for my kitchen:



While I was looking for that I found all kinds of crafty inspiration!  I have added several things to my "To Craft" list.  One I had to work on right away.  I had some leftover abalone shells from the monogrammed pillow I made last year, and I used them to add a little pizzazz to our little desk lamp.

Lamp Bling

I love it!  I've been thinking of buying a new shade for that lamp for awhile, but it looks like it just needed something sparkly.  I think it might need a strand on top, too, we'll see.

Saturday night, we headed downtown to check out the Christmas displays.  It was COLD, but the lights were beautiful.  Since I've gotten a little wordy today, I will leave you with one picture and post more about that tomorrow.

Ogden, UT Christmas on 25th

I've got Christmas presents to wrap today, and  lots of things on my agenda.  It's going to be a great week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails