Monday, April 11, 2011

You Can Usually Count On Me...

..not to have a post ready for Monday.  Bummer, but that seems to be just how I roll here lately. 

But today, I thought I would surprise you all and give it a go!  So far it's been a great day.  Number One: The sun is shining, and the snow is melting!  Number Two, Three, Four...Reference #1.  Yay!  I don't know how long the weather will stay nice, but I'll take it while it's here.

So, though it snowed all day Saturday, and then was gloomy yesterday, we had a great weekend.

It started out kind of slow, for Jason anyway.  He had an appointment Saturday morning to get the extra accessories we ordered put on the Jeep, and to get the undercoating applied.  Brennan and I would have gone too, but they told Jason ahead of time that it was going to take 3-4 hours.  Brennan pent up in a auto dealer waiting room for 4 hours would not have been good, so Daddy went by himself and we stayed home.

Brennan was happy, he got to sit and watch cartoons without any interruptions for Fox News.  While he was occupied watching Super Why and Thomas and Friends, I spent my time trying not to have a brain aneurysm talking on the phone with the Sirius radio people.  That has got to be my all time least favorite thing to do. ever.  And it doesn't matter why I have to call them, it still ends up the same.  This time I was calling to switch service from one radio to another.  Apparently, the radio I was switching to wasn't compatible with the one I was switching from.  Long, long, blood boiling story short, they decided to send me a new radio for free, and give me a year programming for $70 bucks.  I guess we'll keep them around for another year.  Unfortunately, when our new radio comes in, I'll have to call them again to get the programming switched over.  Gah!

Saturday Morning
You must wear the proper apparel while watching  Thomas the Train.

Yesterday we went Target shopping, and found some really good deals on meat.  We stocked up our freezer with sirloin, pork chops, pork loin, chicken breast, and whole chickens for about $100.  We counted it up, and we ended up with about 23 meals worth.  Way to go, us!

After we got home, it was time to make some cookies.

I didn't get any pictures of the cookies, but here is the cookie makin' helper.
So Silly
So silly.

So I guess that brings us to today.  Brennan was so happy this morning that Spring Break is over so he could go back to school.  I hope he always feels that way about going to school. : )

I have one of the chickens from our shopping trip yesterday roasting in the crockpot.  Mmmm....smells good already.  Anyway, I hope I haven't bored you too much with my Monday post.  I've gotta run, time to go back to school to get the little man.  Maybe I'll live on the wild side, and wear my flip flops when I go.  : ) 

(Isn't it sad that 47 degrees is so exciting?)
Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails