Thursday, April 14, 2011

Love Grows Here

We got all of our flowers planted yesterday.  Yay!  Then it did exactly what the weather people said it would, it got cold, and then it snowed.  It has been snowing on an off all morning, but at least it's only a dusting, and the ground is too warm for it to stick.  Hopefully this will be about the end of it.  Though I did see on the news earlier this week that most of the ski resorts have extended their season until the end of May, so who knows.

Brennan was a big help with the flower planting.  Anything that involves digging, and he's all in.
Planting Our Garden

Though I think his motivation went more in the direction of finding bugs and worms than the beautification of our yard.
Little Worm Buddy

We're really going to have to work on bug recognition with this kid.  After he got done playing with the worms, he went around to the front of the house and told me he found a ladybug.  I didn't think too much of it, and he carried his "ladybug," around for a couple minutes before I asked him to show me his bug.  As soon as I saw his bug, I knocked it out of his handed and smooshed it with my shoe while Brennan looked at me like I was the meanest mom ever. 

The ladybug was no lady at all, it was a yellow jacket!  The only reason I can fathom that it didn't sting him, was that it must have just woken up from it's winter nap and was still woozy.  It's stinger-eye coordination just wasn't there yet, thank goodness!

After the bug scare, Brennan moved on to less dangerous sports.

Bike riding,
Bike Riding

wheel adjustments,
Wheel Adjustments

and tree climbing.
Tree Climbing

All done!
Planted!
Now get growing!

Right after we got finished, Jason surprised us and stopped at home for a few minutes to pick up some shirts to be dry-cleaned.
Big Daddy Hugs!
Gotta love big Daddy hugs!  I don't know what the little man is going to do.  Jason is getting ready to go TDY for six weeks.  It will be the longest he's ever been away from his Daddy.

After Jason went back to work, it was getting chilly outside, so we went in and busted out the Easter eggs.
Easter Eggs

Brennan didn't grasp the concept of "don't look until I get them all hidden," but it was still fun!

A few more practice runs and we should be ready for the big base egg hunt next Saturday. : D

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails