Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Big Blank Canvas

Over the weekend, we went thift store shopping. Around us, there isn't a Goodwill store, but there is a place called Savers, and of course, the Deseret Industries. We packed up and headed out Saturday morning to see what treasures we could find. Well, as luck would have it, I found a silver cake stand, a couple of glass hurricanes, a milk glass bowl, some big silver serving spoons and forks for an art project I have in my head, and a couple of white tea saucers. (The boys didn't get left out, Jason found several books, and I found a brand new Melissa and Doug barn yard puzzle for Brennan.) I couldn't wait to get home with my finds.

But my new treasures led to this:
Big Blank Canvas
A big blank wall where our hutch and buffet used to live. Now it lives in the kitchen, and the pie safe that was in the kitchen is now in the foyer, and the marble top table that was in the foyer is now homeless (and will probably stay that way. :) Gotta have some change every once in a while.)

The kitchen is shaping up nicely with my new decorating scheme, but my dining room is left looking pretty bleak. But you know me, it won't be for long. I'll be sure to post an update when there is one.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails