Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I've Been Crowned

You missed me yesterday didn't you?  That was because I spent most of my afternoon in the dentist's chair.  I didn't think it was a good idea to be blogging while there were several sharp instruments in my mouth.  Why was I at the dentist you ask?  It wasn't by choice, though I am due for a cleaning.  It was because of this very dangerous jar of olives.

Dangerous Olives

On Sunday morning we went to the commissary to pick up a few things, one of them being the evil, dangerous jar of olives.  Later in the day we were getting ready to watch football, which of course requires snacks.  I was the one who opened the jar of olives so it was a requirement that I ate the first one.  You know, because they're packed all the way up to the top, and if you don't eat one some with your fingers how can you possibly get a spoon in there to scoop out the rest?  Well, that was my mistake, unbeknownst to me the first one I pulled out had a pit still in it, and when I tried to chew it, it broke my tooth.  Thankfully, I wasn't in excruciating pain.  The broken piece didn't actually come out, which is what I think saved me.  It did make it interesting trying to eat supper, (steak, no less) but I cut it up super small and made sure I only chewed on the good side.

The kicker to all this is Shanny called Sunday night to get her insurance information because she had chipped one of her teeth!  What's the likelihood of both of us breaking teeth in the same day?  We haven't heard an update from her yet, but hopefully hers isn't as bad as mine.  The only option for my battered tooth was getting a crown.  So several hours, and several hundred dollars later, I've been crowned. (Well temporarily, it will take a couple weeks for the permanent one to come in.)

From now on just call me Queen Heather.  I won't mind a bit. : )

p.s.  Happy Late Birthday, Mom!!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails