Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Weekend Recap...I Know it's Tuesday

Of course I meant to write this post yesterday, but I had priorities.  I had to sew up these little cuties, so no blogging for me.

Pumpkin Collage

I think they turned out pretty well.  I would have made more, but I ran out of stuffing.

On to the weekend.  I didn't get to put up fall decorations earlier in the week like I originally wanted to.  Why?  Because the tote that had all the stuff I needed was way in the back of our small, dark storage closet, buried under all the Christmas totes, (never fails) so I had to wait for Jason to help me get to it.  So that didn't happen until Saturday morning.  When we did get it all moved out, you would have thought it was Christmas.  Brennan had the greatest time pulling everything out of the box.  Following the unpacking, the house looked like it exploded, but that's ok.  It was worth it to see Brennan so excited.  (For some reason he absolutely loves pumpkins!)  I haven't taken pictures of everything yet, but when I do I'll post them.

Saturday night we went to the Olive Garden to eat, and the walked around Target for a couple hours.  That's the usual routine; go out to eat, eat too much, and then walk around Target to get some exercise until you feel normal again.  Hey, works for us. : )  We did find some good deals on stuff we normally wouldn't have even looked at.  Jason found a new leather cell phone holder on clearance for $4.98 and I found two good-smelling candles on sale for $0.75.  Score!

Sunday was the usual, we did the yard work, ran to Walmart (I can't remember why, now), and watched football.  Some of us (Jason) got more napping time in than football watching time, but it was all good.  I did make my pot of chili.  It was really good, and I made it in the crockpot so I didn't make too much.  (Usually, I make so much we are eating the leftovers all week.)  Sunday evening, Jason had to go to the airport to pick up a friend, and Brennan and I skyped with Nana and Papaw (oh, and "puppy," we can't forget her.)

 Other tidbits:

We watched Sherlock Holmes.  Rating: Eh.  Definitely not a movie I will ever want to watch again.

Brennan has discovered he can put on his own shoes.  He proceeds to put them on and take them off several times a day.

He also has figured out how to "play" his harmonica.  We get to hear his "music" all day.

I started ready the Harry Potter series.  I know, how many years behind am I.  My 100 Books post from the other day got me looking through the bookcase and I found one of the Harry Potter books Shanny or Andrew must have left behind one summer.  I figured what the heck, so I read that one, and then ordered the others off of eBay.  So that's what's on my reading list right now, which of course will require me to then watch the movies.

Well, I think that's about it.  Let's see what we can get into this week.  : )


Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails