Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Rambling Wednesday...Give Me Some Coffee

I don't have a "What I'm Reading" post for today, since I'm not reading anything of note this week.  No "Wordless" or "One Word Wedneday" either.  Maybe because technically it should be Tuesday?  I'll just ramble for a bit and see what happens.

I'm not really "with it" yet this morning.  Brennan is being a major chatter box (he definitely doesn't take that after me!).  That, plus listening to the Cat in the Hat in the background is making it hard for me to think.  Martin Short is the voice (the most obnoxious voice) of the Cat.  Brennan loves that show, but it annoys me to no end.  And it's on for a whole hour.  Joy.  I think it will be radio time after it's over.

Jason got called in to work this morning at 4:00.  Poor guy.  That was after having to stay late last night.  So much for getting rested up over the weekend.  Hopefully he won't have to stay late tonight too.  All that is most of the reason why I feel so out of it this morning.  Since Jason got home so late, we let Brennan stay up late to be with him.  That cut into my evening mommy downtime, which snowballed into me not sleeping well last night, and then after Jason's wake up call this morning, I couldn't get back to sleep.  Brennan must not have slept well either.  When Jason came to kiss me goodbye this morning, he said when he checked on Brennan, he was sleeping on the floor in front of the door.  Funny kid, he must have fallen out of bed and rolled over there.  Good thing we put him to bed in warm jammies.  He must have been tired, Jason put him back in bed and he didn't stir a bit.

So enough about that.  Brennan and I did make some "art" yesterday.  I pulled out some of that stuff I got at the Dollar Tree over the weekend and we had some fun.

Pom-Pom Critters
First we made some of these little pom-pom critters.  Why yes, those are twist-tie antennae.  I don't have any pipe cleaners at the moment.  They worked in a jiffy, don't you think?

Making Mr. Smiley
Next we worked on making a paper plate smiley face.

Mr. Smiley
Oh my, it looks like Mr. Smiley has some kind of crazy clown acne!

A House, A Tree, and the Sun
A House, A Tree, and the Sun.  Can you tell  Brennan was born in hurricane country?

Glue
Next we worked on some abstract mixed media.  It took extreme concentration.

Better to See You With
"Better to See You With" Mixed Media By Brennan Bal

After all the artsy stuff, we also made some sugar cookies.  There are no pictures of those though.  They were tasty cookies, but not very pretty.  Let's just say when the recipe says refrigerate overnight, it really means it.

Another Diamond Center
I also started working on my quilt again.  One of these days I will have enough diamonds to start piecing it together.

Well, I think that's about all for yesterday.  As for today, I think I need to go find some coffee.  Brennan is also telling me it's time for a "cheesy hand-wich" and a "pea-butter apple," so I better get on that.  I hope everyone has a Wonderful Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails