Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Deployment Project {Week 9}

So has everyone "sprung foward" today? I switched our clocks as soon as I got up this morning, though it wasn't without some grumbling. Daylight Savings Time...yeah, I'm not a fan.  It messes with my internal clock something fierce. It takes me weeks to adjust. I guess that stems from growing up in the part of Indiana that didn't observe Daylight Savings Time.  Well, they didn't way back then...they do now...they gave into peer pressure, darn it!



Yep, I have to agree.

Jason and I have also realized that the time change will give us less time to IM each other everyday. It will be a bummer, but I'm not going to complain (too much) since we do get to communicate at least a little each day.  This deployment is so much better than past ones because of that. Thank goodness.

Well now that I got that rant out of my system, I can proceed with this week's pictures.

 Day57-Sun
Remember in my last post I told you about Brennan's Parent Day at school? I found this Sunday evening.  He put all these guys in his chairs so they could listen to him practice his songs.  He had their undivided attention. :)

Day58-Mon
*Sigh* Some form of this happens every day around here.

Day59-Tue
While helping me purge my craft stuff, Brennan found a "magic hat," and a wand. He spent the afternoon turning himself and me into frogs, robots, balloons, and foxes.  "Presto, presto..."

Day60-Wed
Being in the desert, Jason is missing the snow.  Here ya go, my love.

Day61-Thurs
We've been working on learning Turkish.  Yep, I said "we." Brennan has been right there with me listening to the CDs. He calls them "Turkish Letters." I don't know how much he's learning; as for myself, trying to learn a new language with a squirmy 4-year-old in tow is proving interesting.  You aren't supposed to move from one lesson to the next until you feel you've gotten 80% of the previous one. We are still on Lesson 2 and most of Lesson 1 was an Intro. I'm glad we have a lot of time before we have to move.

Day62-Fri
Brennan has been wanting to see a train all week.  Of course, I came upon this one...right after I dropped him off at school.

Day63-Sat
On Saturday we tried a jicama.  Brennan didn't like it at all. I found it to be like a cross between an apple, a potato and a water chestnut. Not terrible, but not something I will buy often.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails