Monday, March 19, 2012

Cheese Bread {Gluten-Free}

On my quest to cut down our gluten consumption, I came across this great recipe from a blog called Dinners and Dreams.  I finally made the recipe yesterday, and oh my, it was sooo good! I wish I had made a double batch! It's hard to explain them exactly, the recipe says bread, but they're like puffy muffins.  Yum! Brennan loved them too, so it is definitely a keeper recipe for us.  And so easy to make!

Cheese Bread

Here's the recipe:

Cheese Bread
Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups tapioca starch (I used this one.)
1/2 cup milk
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup cheese (The original recipe called for mozzarella, I used marbled jack.)
1 egg
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon brown sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a nonstick muffin tin.
Blend all the ingredients in a blender until the batter is smooth.
Pour the batter into the muffin tin, filling each section about halfway.
Bake 20 minutes until golden and puffed. Let cool slightly. Enjoy the cheesy goodness!
Reheat leftover breads before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails