Monday, November 8, 2010

The Weekend

I was worried.

Since Jason has been so busy getting ready for an ORI inspection at work, (Which was last week.  He finds out the results today, so keep your fingers crossed!) we hadn't had a chance to take a family picture for our Christmas cards.  Thankfully winter decided to delay just a little longer on Saturday and we were able to head out for a little photo shoot. 

Honestly, I didn't have very high hopes for getting any good pictures.  I was so frazzled before we even left the house from trying to get everyone ready (mostly just myself, seeing that my wardrobe is in crisis mode right now).  Then to add another zing to my frayed nerves, we got almost there and I realized I forgot my tripod.   So...

Since I can't hold the camera and be in the picture at the same time, we had to turn around and go back home to get it.  Grrr.  I was ready to scrap the whole idea at this point and just draw some smiley faces with our names printed under them inside each card, but Jason talked me into trying anyway.  I was glad he did.  We got a couple of really good family pictures, and as of now I have our Christmas card designed and ready to send to the printer.  Yay!

I'm not going to show you the picture we're using or the card because, well, where is the surprise in that?  But I will show you some outtakes.  I have plenty of them!

The place where we took the pictures is called The Duck Pond.  And rightly so.  There hasn't been a time we've been there that there haven't been ducks everywhere.  Shouldn't they be flying south right about now?

11.6.2010 041
Brennan being goofy.  Or as he says, "boo-key." : )

11.6.2010 044
This is how most of the pictures turned out.  He had to keep track of what those ducks were doing.

11.6.2010 051
There was also a picnic table that needed to be climbed.

11.6.2010 055
And sticks that needed to be picked up.

A mommy with a camera is no competition compared to all that cool stuff. : )

The rest of the weekend was good, though yesterday felt like the longest. day. ever.  The time change just kicks my butt every time.  I guess growing up in a place that didn't participate in daylight savings time will do that to you. 

Saturday morning before the photo-outing, we went to Lowe's for awhile with no particular reason.  We ended up coming out with some weather stripping for the back door, and a new curtain rod.  Take me to a home improvement store and I can come up with a honey-do list on the spot!

Brennan also made a list while we were there.  Everything on his list are things that he now thinks he needs, which mostly consists of those blow up Christmas yard ornament things.  It used to be when were at a store and he said he wanted something, my usual answer was "You don't need that."  So now he has one-upped his requests to, "Need that."  Smart kid.

Yesterday we mostly stayed around the house.  I made a pot of chili.  Jason mowed and weed-eated the grass for the last time AGAIN.  The last two weekends were supposed to be the last time for the year, but then a couple of blades of grass poke up and get unruly through the week so he thinks he has to do it all again.  He explained to me that there has to be a nice flat base for the snow.

In my mind I am thinking that in a couple of weeks the yard is just going to look like this for the rest of the winter.
SnowBaby - King of the Mountain
Then nobody will know that we even  have grass under there, let alone whether it is cut at a uniform height, but hey, it makes him happy. : )

Happy Monday, Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails