Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Blue Hair Starts at 35 and Other Tuesday Tidbits

We've had a few sicky days here at the Bal House.  Thankfully, nothing too awful, but enough for me to have no ambition to blog, or to take any pictures of anything, so don't be disappointed when you don't find any this time around.  So with the overall feeling of blah, there hasn't been anything monumental happening, just a couple of bits here and there.

I guess we better start with the reason for the melancholy days:

The Sicky. 
Brennan woke me up crying Friday morning, he wasn't hot, or clammy or anything, he just said he needed to blow his nose.  We took care of that, we rocked in the chair awhile, and then I put him back to bed.  The next morning, aside from the runny nose, he was his normal self, so we took him to school.  That evening the fun started.  He still had the runny nose, but now he also had the barking seal cough, and a fever.  Saturday morning, he was a little better, but then I started to get that feeling of being in a fog, and a sore throat.  Joy.  Brennan bounced right back to his old self by Sunday evening.  I, on the other hand am still living in Sicky-ville.  Hopefully, I get to come back soon.  I don't like it here at all.  (And poor Jason, he had a 4 day weekend for Veteran's Day.  We sure weren't too much fun for that.)

My Current TV Addiction.
I'm sure some of you watched the series Heroes when it was on TV.  I never did; it never looked like my kind of show, plus I'm sure it was on at the same time as something I actually did like to watch.  Well, I was going though Netflix the other day, and Heroes came up as available for Instant Viewing.  I remembered it had the guy who played Jess on Gilmore Girls, the "whipped cream bikini" cheerleader from Varsity Blues, and one of the Neutrogena girls, so I thought I would check it out.  (Nice reasoning to watch a show, huh?)  I've been watching it every chance I get since then.  It's still not something I would normally watch, but I just have to know how it all turns out.  I did Google it, and found out the show was cancelled after four seasons due to high production costs.  That means it will probably end stupidly, and I will be disappointed in the whole thing.  I'll let you know.

The Blue Hair.
I know you've been dying to know about that one. : )  Well, since not being able to breath laying down prevented me from getting much sleep, I got up early Sunday morning and colored my hair.  A pretty normal occurrence, yes, I do that every 4 to 6 weeks.  However, this time was a little different.  The last couple of times I colored my hair I have been trying to go lighter.  Those of you who know me, know that my hair has been through varying shades over the past 20 years, from blonde to very dark brown.  In the last year or so I have stuck with dark brown, and I was ready for a change.  The problem is, my hair wasn't having it.  The first time, I got one shade lighter, and my hair stayed the same color.  The next time, I went two shades lighter, and my roots turned lighter, but the rest stayed the same.  Uh, oh, not a good look.  So this time, I got two boxes of Darkest Ash Blonde, thinking that would surely do it.  The problem is, I wasn't paying attention when I was at the store, and the boxes I picked up were of the True Brunette variety, instead of the normal hair color.  But it was 5:30 in the morning, I was in my hair coloring shirt, and there was no way I was going back to Target to exchange them.  My bad.  The main part of my hair is a tad lighter, but now my roots are a mess.  They really are blue. There was a warning on the box not to use the hair coloring on predominantly gray hair.  I scoffed, that didn't apply to me.  Ha ha...yeah.  Now I am an official member of the Blue Hair Club.  They lowered their membership age just for me.

Things I'm Pondering Lately.
As you know, I've been super excited about Christmas this year.  I really, really wanted to watch a Christmas movie this weekend, but Jason vetoed me.  He said that if I wanted to watch Christmas movies with him, I had to wait until after Thanksgiving.  (I think it was more about the football schedule of the day.)  OK then, I thought, then we'll watch a Thanksgiving movie.  Problem was, besides the Charlie Brown cartoon, I couldn't think of one Thanksgiving movie.  Hmmmm...are there any?  I Googled my predicament, and the lists of Recommended Thanksgiving Movies was ridiculous.  The Ice Storm, Pieces of April...no thank you.  I wanted a snuggley, family friendly movie.  I ended up ordering Pocahontas off of eBay.  Not exactly what I had in mind, but it will do.

Well, I'm off to find some cold medicine, drink a Pumpkin Spice Latte...and probably not much else. 

Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails