Thursday, July 29, 2010

On My Wish List...

As you may have noticed from a few previous posts, in between being a stay at home mommy, taking pictures, making a quilt, and all the other stuff that everyday life throws at me, I am trying to revamp our whole house on a shoestring budget.  I don't know if it's even as big as a shoestring, really it more like the plastic piece on the end of the shoestring.  You know, the flugalbinder?  Ha ha, you all want to watch Cocktail now, don't you?

So on my flugalbinder budget, I have done pretty good, though it is taking a REALLY long time.  I don't mind though.  I've gotten pretty crafty with spray paint, thrift store finds, super clearance deals, and the sewing machine is trying to become my friend.  Well, not friend, but at least it's not my mortal enemy (today anyway).

I constantly keep my eyes open for things I can use, with my main focus right now being on the kitchen.  I am trying to lighten and brighten everything, and make everything more cottage-y.  In the kitchen I am going with aqua blue and white.  The aqua blue being inspired from my small collection of vintage blue mason jars, and white, just because my newest obsession is painting everything white.  This weekend I scored big time at Target.  I found some new cute towels in the perfect color, AND if that wasn't enough, some new turquoise measuring spoons and measuring cups...in the dollar section.

I should have stopped there with my thrifty finds, but I messed up.  I thought if I could find measuring cups and spoons in aqua, what else is out there?  So I made the mistake of logging onto the internet, and I found the new item on my longing for list.


  A Kitchenaid mixer in ICE BLUE.  Isn't it just beautiful?  Yep, it's also beautifully priced at $300.  My birthday is coming up in a few months.  Anybody?

Well, maybe someday.  In the meantime don't be surprised if I write a post about "How to Take Apart and Spray Paint Your Little, Old, White Mixer."  Just Kidding. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails