Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Little Bit o' Christmas

Usually every year by this time in December, my house is all decked, my presents are all wrapped, and we are fully immersed in fun Christmas crafts, cookie making, and holiday outings.

This year we are doing everything low key. Make that really low key. Of course, that is not by choice, just the circumstances we are in at the moment; I'm not going all bah humbuggy on you.

Soapy Santa
Ho, ho, ho! It's Santa Brennan.

As of today, I have no wrapping done. Actually, I don't even have any wrapping paper, and some of my need-to-wrap gifts won't even get here until after Christmas. We haven't done any cookie baking yet. I do plan on doing that soon. (The commissary here has several gluten-free flour options. Yay!) Brennan has decided Santa needs chocolate chip cookies this year. Sounds good to me. :)

As for all the other trimmings, I don't have any Christmas-y smelling candles, or a mantel to hang our stockings, or even a Christmas tree. But we have had a fun time making a couple craft projects to make it a little festive around here.

Pinecone Bokeh
On our daily outings to the playground, Brennan has been collecting pinecones.

Sparkly Pinecones
I told you it wouldn't take long to use my new glitter!

Pinecone Decor

Paper Chain
We've also made some paper chains.

Paper Christmas
Easy pack Christmas decor. :)

Felt Banner
And we made a felt banner.

Making the Banner
Banner making.

I was also able to mail over a couple of our favorites.

Advent Calendar
Our Christmas advent tree.

Jar Snow Globes
The snow globes we made last year, and our tiny first Christmas tree.

Brennan Nativity
Brennan's nativity...and Spider-man gloves, and Matchbox cars, and Transformers. :)

And as is our tradition, our Christmas ornaments for this year.

Family Ornament 2012
Our family ornament. Fitting for all the National Park exploring we did this year. We found this leaf at Bryce Canyon National Park.

Brennan Ornament 2012
Brennan's ornament. Since we are now international, Santa on a globe was perfect for this year. Brennan has had concerns that Santa won't find him. I think the little man will be getting his yearly email from Santa any day now. :)

He will not, however, be getting the skateboard that he put on his Christmas list. I don't think my Mommy nerves are up for that yet. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails