Friday, December 7, 2012

Greetings From Turkey!

Yay! We made it!

Actually, we have been here for a week now, but you know how it is when you move, living out of suitcases, the disruption of being dislocated, unhappy camper children and husbands (and me), plus a heaping dose of jet lag.  Whew! I'm glad we're done with that for another couple of years!

So far we have moved into our house and have internet set up. We've also dealt with a whole pile of paperwork, signing in this, registering for that. I'm glad Jason keeps up with all that stuff, and just tells me what I need to do or sign.

Now we just have to wait for our household stuff and the jeep to arrive and we will be good to go. Ugh, I won't even go into how much of a pain it has been not having the jeep here right away! We're managing though. Jason took a taxi to work this morning. He had been walking when he could, but this morning it was raining. If we had to do it again, we would do our outprocessing stateside a little differently. Ship our vehicle earlier, take leave enroute - that sort of thing. So if you're reading this and are coming to Incirlik, a bit of advice - ship your vehicle as soon as you can!

Also, if you're like me, and like to bake stuff, do yourself a favor, and mail over your measuring cups and spoons, cookie sheets and cake pans. We have some borrowed pieces from the Loan Locker, but not enough to be very useful. Of course with it being close to Christmas, I got the urge to make my Mom's Chocolate Cherry Torte. But then of course I realized, aside from the lack of measuring cups and spoons and cake pans, I have no cake stand or a trifle bowl (yes, a cake stand or trifle bowl is a requirement for the Chocolate Cherry Torte), so I guess I will be waiting until January to whip one up. I won't even mention how much I am missing my Kitchenaid Mixer. *sigh*

On the bright side, I did mail myself some glitter. Ah, glitter! A big 30 piece set of glitter, no less. I'm sure I will be getting craft happy with that any day now.

p.s. Next time there will be pictures.  Yes, I know how you all like the pictures. I was too lazy jet lagged to load and edit any for today. :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails