Monday, June 10, 2013

Let Me Wipe Away the Dust...

So, hmmm, yeah... Hi. Fancy seeing me here in the blogging world, right?

Since I've haven't written anything in months, I think I'm long overdue for an update!

First of all, we are all doing well here. As you might have seen in my last post, Jason was selected for Master Sergeant. Yay, Honey! We are all excited about that. Now we just have to wait until next year sometime, when he will finally get to put on that stripe.

IMG_6513

Brennan is super happy that he will be starting kindergarten in the fall. I am excited and sad. But I guess that is how every Mommy is. We hope to do lots of projects and fun stuff this summer. Oh, and I've already started buying school supplies, I don't know which on of us is more excited about that.

IMG_6468

As for me and my ankle, I've been to physical therapy twice now. It has really helped. For the most part, and depending what shoes I have on, I can walk normally. I still have a problem going downstairs without looking all awkward, but it will all come in time. My ankle and foot still swell up everyday, and my scars are quite lovely. The doctor said the swelling will probably be around for a year or so, and scars are scars, they will fade over time.

So, we've been in Turkey for over six months now. A fourth of the time we will be here. Wow.

A few views of Turkey so far...

IMG_5993
Sabancı Merkez Camii

IMG_5994
Horse drawn wagon on the road.

IMG_5995
I love the crosswalk man. You must wear a fedora to walk here, haha.

IMG_5997
Dur means stop. (That was your Turkish word for the day.)

IMG_6013
Bread from a cart. Yum!

IMG_6015
Brennan at the Atatürk Parkı in Mersin.

Obviously, we haven't had much chance to travel around yet. I am sure our next year and a half will be full of Turkish travels.

After being stuck on the couch for months, I am ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails