Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Can't Believe It's Already Thursday!

I have no idea where this week has gone.  It's not like we've run tons of errands or had huge projects to work on all week.  It's just been a typical few days, so I guess that's a good thing.

Unfortunately, it's snowing again today.   We've gotten used to playing outside everyday, so this is a real bummer.  Especially since Brennan's energy level seems to be on the extra high setting these days, and not going outside makes him not a happy little boy.  We're still doing good with our no TV watching, but today I think I might have to break out some Elmo.  Either that or I'll be running the Roomba quite a bit.  I don't know what it is with Brennan and vacuums, but there is a definite obsession.  He wants to "keen the for" all the time.  How young can OCD start?

I took a few random pictures of our week so far. 

My new photo collage wall
I finally started putting together a collage wall in the stairwell.  I plan on going all the way up, but I have to get some more frames and some more photos printed.  I think it looks pretty good so far.  This is the view from our front door.  

Tree in the Hail Storm
This is the tree in our front yard.  It's so pretty with it's white blooms.  I really want to get outside and takes some up close pictures of it's flowers, but you see that white stuff on the ground.  That's hail.  Oh, and flowers that the hail knocked out of the tree.  So for now, I'll just take pictures from inside the door and hope there are some flowers left on the tree when the weather gets better.  Oh, and Jason would want me to point out the grass in our yard, compared to the neighbor's yard. Jason's a real "Grass Man," so that is definitely a point of pride at our house.




He had to find the right piece.
And last but not least, here's one of the little man.  This was taken last night as I was making supper.  I keep his art supplies in a cabinet where he can reach them any time he wants.  Most of the time that works out wonderfully.  If he gets the urge to color, he runs in and gets the box of crayons and a piece of paper or a coloring book and goes to town.  At other times, it's not so good, and turns into something like this.  I guess he was just looking for the perfect piece.  Thankfully, Daddy was nice enough to pick up all the paper when he got home from work.

Speaking of Jason, congratulations are in order!  Jason was awarded the Non-Commissioned Officer of the Quarter award yesterday!  Great Job, Honey! 

And  that's all folks!  The excitement for today?  I will probably work on my quilt, and do the typical house cleaning and laundry thing.  We're having Swiss Chicken for supper tonight, so if I think about it later, maybe I'll post that recipe if I haven't already.  The cold, snowy weather has me thinking there's probably a couple Mocha Lattes in my future....and if Brennan has his way, lots of vacuuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails