Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Best Crockpot Potato Soup

I just added a new recipe section to the blog sidebar. Over the next few weeks I'm going to be posting some my favorite recipes. You probably won't be seeing anything too complicated or gourmet, just some yummy family food. Here's my favorite potato soup recipe.


The Best Crockpot Potato Soup

Ingredients:
2 lbs. baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 in cubes
2 cans (10 1/2 oz each) cream of mushroom soup
1 cup of finely chopped green onions
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
2 cups milk
black pepper to taste

Cheese, bacon, and green onions for garnish.

1. Combine potatoes, soup, green, onions, garlic powder and red pepper in crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hrs or on high for 4 hrs. 2. Add cheese, sour cream and milk; stir until cheese has completely melted. Cover and cook on high for an additional 10 minutes.

(The original recipe called for only 1 cup of milk, but I thought it was too thick like that. I also added some chopped bacon when I added the cheese. We like our food a little spicier, so I also added extra red pepper, garlic powder, and black pepper.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails