Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Cabinet Refinish

I thought today I would show you one of the things I have been working on in the past few weeks.  This is a little cabinet in our foyer.  I'm sure you've seen it around on the blog.  It was in our foyer in our last house, too.  Before that it was in the dining room, and in the two houses prior to that it was in the kitchen.  You get the idea, it's a super versatile little cabinet (and we move a lot.)

So, though I love my little cabinet, I had fallen out of love with it's color.  There is no natural light where it sits, and it was reminding me of a big black hole.

I didn't take a full picture before I started dismantling and taping it up, but I'm sure you can imagine, it was just black.

Cabinet Before - 1

As you can see, it's purpose at the moment is holding all the decorating stuff that doesn't have a place in the house right now.

Cabinet Before -2

The colors I chose for my refinish project were:
Paint: Milk Pail by Martha Stewart
Stain: Dark Walnut by Minwax

A big BIG thank you to Katie at clarendon lane for the color inspiration.  She refinished her master bathroom vanity with those colors and I loved it.  (She's an Air Force wife, too.  Her blog is cute and has tons of decorating and furniture refinishing ideas, go show her some love!)

Cabinet Door

So after some paint, some distressing, some stain, and some poly, here's the finished result.

Cabinet Refinish After - 1

Much lighter and brighter.

Cabinet Refinish After - 2

Just seeing it now makes me so happy.

Cabinet Refinish After - 3

Want to see what I'm working on next?

Chair Refinish

Kinda scary, huh?


2 comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails