Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday Musings - Weekend Recap

It was a pretty quiet weekend around the Bal house. Not that we minded, it was kind of nice.

On Saturday, Jason made it home from F.E. Warren AFB in Cheyenne, WY. Yay! He had been there for a couple weeks for work, and was more than happy to be home. The base he was at was really pretty and he had a lot of interesting stories to tell. Most of the buildings on base are original, and there were quite a few stories told about hauntings! Another interesting tidbit, the Pronghorn Antelope that live on base are treated like VIPs, they get the right-of-way in their meanderings, and you better not hit one or there is a formal investigation. Crazy!

Here are some pictures that he took during his trip.

Cheyenne 005

Cheyenne 008

Cheyenne 016

Cheyenne 057

Cheyenne 066

Cheyenne 070

Cheyenne 069

Brennan is super happy that his Daddy is home. He barely lets him out of his sight. It's definitely made having some privacy in the bathroom an issue.

We got to Skype with Nana and Papaw on Sunday. That's always fun, but now Brennan points to the computer and says, "Nana and Papaw?" I wonder if he thinks they live in there, haha.

It's been a little warmer here, which in this case means it's been in the 30s most of the week. You'd think it was a heatwave, though, if you'd see the natives. Brennan and I went to Wal-Mart and there were people in flip-flops and shorts and t-shirts. Now, I know I lived in Florida for a long time, and my thermostat is probably off, but really, what do these people think when they get up and get dressed? "Hmmm...let's see, there is only a slight chance for frostbite today, flip-flops and bare arms it is!" I don't undertand it. I can't wait to see what they wear when it gets to the 60s!

So anyway, Jason gets off a couple days before he has to go back to work. We'll probably just do more of what we did over the weekend. Well, that and watching the 24 series premiere, woo hoo! I am really hoping this season is better than last season. If not, I just started reading The Great Gatsby, so at least I have a backup plan.

Exciting, right? I've already figured out, that's just how it is going to be in Utah. Hibernate in the winter, and then let it all break loose in the summer. You should see our "Things to do When it Gets Warm" list, it's huge!

I wonder if the Wal-Mart weirdos will be in parkas in July. I guess only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails