Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Deployment Project {Week 4}

Another week, yay!  On the bright side, literally, it was sunny most of this week, which ended up giving me a bit of Spring fever.  I did some closet shopping and put together some cute springy outfits and even bought a cute pair of new sandals.  Unfortunately, I have a few months before Spring actually gets here, so back in the closet all that stuff went.  Boo.  And on top of that I got to see all my Florida friends post on facebook about shorts and flip-flops and how great the weather is down there.  Double Boo.

If you've read the blog at all this week, you've seen that Brennan has been sick.  Thankfully, he is much better today.  He is SO ready to go back to school tomorrow, and I am ready for the couple of hours of Mommy alone time that I get when he goes to school. : )

So here's our week in pictures:

I'm so glad technology has advanced since Jason's earlier deployments. Being able to Skype once a week has been wonderful.

Day22-Sun

The parking lot seagulls.  They are always there just waiting for somebody to drop something on the ground.  If I were a seagull, I'd much rather hang out at the beach.

Day23-Mon

Brennan loves to help me crack eggs, and he's pretty good at it too. Crack eggs, yes.  Eat them, no.  I have no idea why he is anti-egg.  He's the same way with potatoes.

Day24-Tue

Sick day.  This was the first day the little man was sick.  He slept on the couch for most of the day.

Day25-Wed

Still not feeling great, but well enough to give me a smile and run to the post office so we could mail Daddy a package.

Day26-Thurs

I pretty much always have paint brushes drying on the kitchen sink.  One day I will have a craft room with it's own sink...and lots of windows, and shelves.

Day27-Fri

On Saturday, we made some gluten-free brownies with chocolate chips. They were yummy.

Day28-Sat



Linking at:
The 365 Challenge @ Two Thirty-Five Designs

3 comments:

  1. What a cute little boy! I'm gonna have that craft room too someday! I have 2 paintbrushes in the sink :)
    Sherry's Bees Nest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I want to thank you again for posting such a wonderful comment on my site the other day, and I'm so glad to one of your newest followers!

    I'm nominating you for The Versatile Blogger Award. You can check out the details here:
    http://www.suburbanprairiehomemaker.com/2012/02/special-award.html

    Ann @ Suburban Prairie Homemaker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sherry! We think he's pretty cute, too! : ) Paint brushes in the sink are a sign of ongoing creativity. I wouldn't have it any other way.

    Wow, Ann. Thank you so SO much! I will go and check that out.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails