Friday, January 1, 2010

A Brand New Year

Bye, Bye 2009! Welcome, 2010!

You gotta love the new year, fresh and clean and full of hope. What will I do with this year? I have sort of a rough draft worked out for some things, but for others...I can't wait to find out!

On another blog I read, there was a post about resolutions. I've never been too much of a resolution girl, because let's face it, you make a new resolution Jan. 1st, and by February, it's forgotten about. Mostly because it's too restrictive, or unreasonable. The blog I was reading was about taking a different approach to making a better new year. Instead of making a list of specific things...

...go to the gym every day!
...lose 10 pounds!
...eat better!
...etc, etc.!

...instead of doing the list thing, make a one word resolution. A one word resolution? I can do that! So that's what I did. Of course, I had to put some thought into my word, and decide just what word was going to make the biggest impact on the most areas of my life.

The word I decided on?

Simplify


My word choice was simple, and it was actually something I have already been trying to do. I want to clear out the clutter in my life, whether it be simplifying my wardrobe, making menus for the month so it simplifies mealtimes and grocery shopping, or even prioritizing my computer time.

I’m all in. What’s your New Year’s resolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails