Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween at Our House

I just realized that I never shared the pictures I took of all our Halloween decorations!  I thought I better get on that today before it's too late.  (The wheels are already spinning on Thanksgiving decor. : ) )

As a prelude to Halloween decor, I would like to take a moment to talk about Halloween candy.  As in "Why in the heck did we buy it and open it this soon before Oct. 31!!  There's not going to be any left by the time the trick-or-treaters get here!!"  Yep, I made that mistake.  And of course, I just had to buy candy we like, so it's constantly calling out to be devoured.  Mmmm...Milk Duds, and Reese's Cups, and Almond Joys.

This also happens.

Halloween Decorations - Candy
You didn't think Jason and I hog all the candy, do you?  We share with the little man, too.  Sometimes. 

Alrighty, enough about the sweets, now on to the decorations.

I mentioned earlier in the month that I made some new Halloween decorations this year. 

Here's the grand unveiling:

Halloween Decorations - Tree
Ta Da!!  It's a Halloween tree for the dining room table.  I just painted a terracotta pot, added some branches from the yard, and spray painted the lot with some black paint.  I found the vintage Halloween postcards on the internet, and resized and printed those on the printer.  Add some moss and some spooky skeletons from the Dollar Tree, and you have a Halloween tree. 

Halloween Decorations - Mantel
More goodies on the mantel.  I made the trick or treat banner, again just some card stock and ribbon.  More moss and skeleton heads, and a crow from the Dollar Tree.  The cat and the bats are just construction paper.  And some pumpkins, gotta have them.  Super cheap and easy.

Halloween Decorations - Leaves
Fall Leaves.  When I first put the decorations up, I had leaves EVERYWHERE.  It was way too much, so I had to take some away.

Halloween Decorations - Desk
More pumpkins.  And it wouldn't be fall without some good smellin' Pumpkin Pie candles.

Halloween Decorations - Kitchen
The chalkboard in our kitchen.  Jason wrote the message.  Isn't he the sweetest? : )  And yes, my cell phone and sunglasses "belong" on the shelf.  It's high enough that little hands can't get to them, and small enough that nobody else can fill it up with their stuff.  The perfect mommy shelf.

Halloween Decorations - Foyer Cabinet
The cabinet in our foyer.  More pumpkins, leaves, and a big pine cone we picked up this summer in California.

Halloween Decorations - Wreath
The front door.  I love my moss wreath!  Every season I just put something new in the center, and it works perfectly.  This is my old faithful Halloween cat.  I think I've had him for almost 15 years.  This year he got a makeover.  Some glue, some paint, and some sealer and he's like brand new again.

Halloween Decorations - Foyer Mirror
The mirror in the foyer.  More of my Halloween postcards, some more skeletons, and some indian corn.  The John Deere hat isn't part of the decor, but, it, or one of it's cousins are usually hanging there when they're not on their owner's head.  Just keepin' it real. : )

Halloween Decorations - Spider Webs
I don't have a good picture of the outside of the house because it's been raining, but we put up spider webs, and the scarecrow and the jack-o-lanterns are out there.  Jason told me he wants to put up a graveyard, but I think we'll have to save that project for next year.

Halloween Decorations - Front Door
Brennan's decorations.  We love the Dollar Spot at Target.  I got two packs of gummy clings and the little man has had the best time moving them around.  (And ripping arms and wings off by the look of it.)

Halloween Decorations - Brennan's Pumpkin Patch
More of Brennan's decorations.  We have a pumpkin patch in the kitchen!

We'll that about covers it.  Nothing too scary, but you can definitely tell it's Halloween time.

Scary Guys

Besides, I have these guys, and they're all the scary I need.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails