Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bacon Wrapped Chicken

Since I am staying at home with Brennan, I have had more time and energy to find and create new recipes. I have even gotten to the point that we know what we are going to eat for every meal a week in advance! It's been wonderful so far, and no more running to the store at the last minute to pick up expensive quick meals or eating greasy fast food. And as an added bonus, I've lost 7 lbs since we've left Florida. Yay! But enough about that, on with the recipe.

Bacon Wrapped Chicken

Ingredients:
4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut in half
Bacon (I used two pieces of bacon per piece of chicken)
Chive Cream Cheese
Butter
Salt
Pepper
Tarragon

Spread one tablespoon of cream cheese onto each piece of chicken. Top with 1 tablespoon of butter. I sliced the butter thinly and just placed it on top of the cream cheese. Season to taste with salt, pepper and tarragon. Wrap each piece with the bacon slices and secure with toothpicks. Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

Mmmm! The chicken was very good, and the recipe will be going into my keeper file. For sides I sauted squash, zucchini and onions and made alfredo noodles. Next time though, I'll just stick with the veggies. The chicken is very rich, so the noodles were kind of overkill. Still good though, we all have happy, full bellies!

Hugs,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails