Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I grew up with these cookies.  I am so happy Brennan loves them, too.  They are actually a variation from the recipe on the lid of the Quaker Oats canister.  Mom made them often, and they never lasted very long.  I've tried other recipes, and this one is still the best.  The cookies come out crisp around the edges and chewy in the middle.  Yum.

I meant to get a picture of these, since I made them this weekend, but they are all gone now.  Maybe next time. : )

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Ingredients

2 sticks of butter
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats
3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)


Preparation

Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats, raisins, coconut and nuts; mix well.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack.

In my oven (and elevation), I usually have to bake them 11 or 12 minutes.  Lately, I have been making big cookies (two scoops with my cookie scoop), and I leave them in for 13 minutes.






No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails