Friday, January 10, 2014

Photo Project -The 2014 Edition: 365 little things *1-9

If you've been hanging around here for awhile, you know I'm not much on making and keeping New Year's resolutions. You may have also observed I am a big fan of photography, and like to start off the year with a photo project. This year will be no exception. Maybe I will get further through the year with this one.  And maybe, since I was the world's worst blogger of 2013, I will get back into the groove of blogging two or three times a week. This will hopefully guarantee at least one of those times. :)

Alrighty then.

Photo Project - The 2014 Edition: 365 little things begins now.

1-Jan1_1202am
January 1 - 12:02 a.m. (Ok, so obviously I didn't take this picture. But, since I have no rules for my photo project, I'm going with it. I don't remember who did take this picture that night, so thank you picture taker, and welcome to the project!) This was how Jason and I started 2014. Having fun with friends, decked out in 1920s style! Here's to a great 2014!

2-Jan2
January 2 - Reality Bites. Back to Reality. Time to unpack all of our bags from our trip to the States. I really detest unpacking. I may or may not have lived out of this suitcase for a few more days after this picture was taken, and Jason may or may not have put this stuff away for me in the end.

3-Jan3
January 3 - Reading Divergent. Has any one else read this series yet? I was engrossed, and had to read all three books, back to back. Thank goodness the series was all written, because I hate to start a book and then find out I have to wait for months or years (Diana Gabaldon. Grr.) to see how the story ends. It didn't end how I thought it would, but it was still a good read.

4-Jan4
January 4 - Goggle-y eyes. Brennan still loves to play in the bath tub. And, yes, googles are a requirement.

5-Jan5
January 5 - In the Cartoon Zone. I'm not sure what show he was watching so intently, but he wasn't missing a bit of it! I like that he's holding Darth Vader's lightsaber. Stars Wars and Legos are his current obsessions.

6-Jan6
January 6 - Makin' Mayo. Back in December, Jason and I decided to go Paleo. We took a break while we were in Indiana, and now we are back on the wagon again. One of the things I do every week is make a batch of mayo. It is a bit time consuming, and sometimes it doesn't turn out. This was a good batch, and later helped to make some Ranch Dip and Honey Mustard Sauce. Yum!

7_Jan7
January 7 - Tiny Daisy. Brennan and I walked home from school this day, and he picked me a little flower on our walk. I love that he can be such a sweet boy.

8-Jan8
January 8 - Legos, Legos, Everywhere. I mentioned earlier that Brennan's newest interest is Legos. I did not realize before now how Legos can fully infiltrate your life. These tiny plastic bits end up everywhere! This is the pile that is perpetually on the bar in our kitchen. Brennan likes to sit there and play with them while I'm chopping and cooking stuff. Thankfully I haven't stepped on one barefoot yet, but I'm sure that day will come.

9-Jan9
January 9 - Snowflake Ring from a 5-year-old: Priceless. Back in December there was a Christmas Shop set up at school for the kids to buy gifts for their friends and family. Brennan bought me an ornament and this snowflake ring. He asked me to put it in my jewelry box with my other rings. You know I had to say yes to that. :)


2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love your blog! And I miss you!!! Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marsha! Miss you too! I hope your New Year has been great so far! xo.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails