Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day and a Recap of the Last Few Days

I told you February was a busy month for us, hence the lack of post for the last few days.  We've been having a really good time!  The weather has been really nice around here.  Sunny and warm, so we've been spending some time outside, yay!  It should keep up at least another day, and then I'm sure we'll be back to our regularly scheduled winter.

Let's see, my last post was on Wednesday, so we'll go from there. 

Thursday was Jason's birthday.  He had to go into work that day, so we didn't get to do any birthday celebrating until the evening.  I made him his favorites, lasagna and apple pie.

Here's the pie, notice I didn't fill it up with as many candles as it needed, ha!


After we ate too much, it was on to the cards and presents.
Jason's Birthday
Of course, if there are presents around Brennan has to be right there in the middle of the action.  I think Daddy appreciated the help. : )

Friday Jason had the day off, and for the first time in about a year and a half we had a real by ourselves date!  Whoo Hoo!  Brennan's school has a Parent's Date Night a couple night's a month, and we finally took advantage of it.  We should have done it a long time ago, he loved it, and we got some much needed time alone!  We'll definitely be adding that to the calendar every month. 

On Saturday, we spent some time playing outside, and I finished up Brennan's birthday shirt.
3 Shirt Front

3 Shirt

2 Shirt Back
Pretty cool, huh?  I'm sure Jason is jealous he didn't get a shirt proclaiming his age on it. : ) 

The whole thing is confusing to Brennan though.  He knows his birthday is soon but all these other holidays keep coming up, and I have to keep telling him that it's not his birthday yet.  The anticipation is just killing him!

Sunday we got Brennan's Valentine's ready.
Here are the ones I we picked. : ) 
2.14.2011 027

Aren't they cute!  I found them in the etsy store My Duck Duck Goose.  I know what you're thinking.  Yes, I could have made valentine's myself, but our really expensive color ink cartridge is empty right now, and this was just easier for me to deal with at the moment.  And did I mention how cute they were!

Brennan decorated the envelopes with some stickers.
2.14.2011 028

So that brings us up to today, and that means a Happy Valentine's Day is in order!  We've all had a good day so far.  It's been nice and simple, nothing over the top.  We exchanged gifts this morning, and tonight we will be having heart-shaped quesadillas and strawberries for supper.

Brennan got to wear his Love shirt today.
Brennan - Love Shirt
"The Ladies Love Me."  Have I mentioned before that he's the only boy in his class?  He got lots of goodies from all his little girlfriends. : )

This morning, Jason surprised me by picking up a Starbucks on the way home from the gym.
Valentine Coffee
Just one of the little reasons I love that man!

And now, though that was the condensed version, I think we're all caught up!  Whew, that wasn't as painful as I thought it would be.

Happy Heart Day, Everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails