Monday, October 25, 2010

Just a Drowned Worms Kind of Weekend

I would love to say we did something really exciting this weekend...

but we didn't. 

It rained and was cold and was gearing up to snow all weekend.  Snow?  Yes, really.  The forecast says it will be snowing early this week.  I was hoping it would wait until at least after Halloween.  We were going to go up the canyon on Sunday to take a family picture, but the weather kept us at home.

Sooo, we had a good old, long overdue, plain old, weekend at home. 

We watched a few movies, read Brennan his whole library of books, and just vegged out on the couch.  Jason caught up on some sleep, watched football, baseball, and cleaned out the garage and laundry room.  Brennan constantly reminded us he didn't much like this staying at home stuff, and kept requesting that we "ride in Daddy's truck," and to go "back outside."  I did get the umbrella out and take him for a walk in the drizzly rain Saturday afternoon.  After our walk around the neighborhood, he has a new found fascination in umbrellas, and also in the worms that drown themselves in rain puddles.  Ewww.

I did some fun stuff like laundry, cleaning the bathrooms, and scrubbing down the kitchen, but since that didn't take very long, I ending up browsing for recipes on the internet, and then, of course, I had to cook up my finds.  I ended up making beer bread and beef stew on Saturday.  On Sunday, I made whole wheat blueberry pancakes for breakfast.  I made a double batch, so I would have some to freeze.  I was so glad I did because they were really good.  For supper we had liver and onions.  That was mom's recipe though, I don't think I could find one as good as her's on the internet.

Boring post, huh? 

I try. 

On a funnier, cuter topic, Brennan's newest thing is "honking" the door bell every time he comes through the front door.  Honk, honk!

Well, I'm off to see what we can get into today.  Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails